Kids club questions??

new2cruisin2018

I was looking on the boards here and on the Princess website to show my kids the clubs an activities that are available and they look different. Probably a mistake on my part put on the boards here they are pelicans, remix and shockwave clubs and on the princess site they are the tree house , the lodge and the beach house. We are new to cruisin so we are just trying to get as much info as possible. Any help will be appreciated.

The names of the clubs were just changed recently and as the ships go for their regular refurbishments the clubs are being renovated to the new themes.

Old club activity listings posted online will therefore be more of the old named clubs. The activites will be similar - crafts, games, talent shows, etc.

The names have changed for the clubs and, depending on which ship you are on, you may have the new renovated clubs on your sailing. We were on Star immediately after drydock so got to experience the new club rooms. They were fantastic! My older child is 10 so was in The Lodge and my 6 year old was in Treehouse. For the Lodge, they then split the club again (not sure they would have space on all ships to do this) so one roome was for 10-12 year olds and ones was for 8-10 year olds. The kids did lots of cool activities, had dinner parties, ice cream parties, dance nights, karaoke night, treasure hunts, video games, roller coaster making, trivia, and they had lecturers come in to teach them about the ports and about animals/sea life in the areas we were sailing. My kids have been on 17 cruises (mostly with Princess) and love the kids clubs - I literally have to drag them out. If there is anything specific you would like to know, just ask!!!

• 1 month later...
I was looking on the boards here and on the Princess website to show my kids the clubs an activities that are available and they look different. Probably a mistake on my part put on the boards here they are pelicans, remix and shockwave clubs and on the princess site they are the tree house , the lodge and the beach house. We are new to cruisin so we are just trying to get as much info as possible. Any help will be appreciated.

The cruise line has rebranded the clubs. With updated facilities, themes etc. In my opinion what is important if you have more than one child is to let them know the situation regarding age divisions: 3 to 7, 8 to 12 and 13 to 17. They might be in different clubs and it's good to let them know this beforehand.

The youngest need signing in and out by a parent or appropriate (18+) person appointed by a parent, and the teenagers can come and go as they want. The intermediate group can be authorised by a parent to self sign in or out or both and the cruise line will advise on what exact age fall into this discretionary group.

Parents may leave children on board in the club when they go ashore and in this situation a "lock in" occurs and no self-signing out by any children is permitted. On port days the club will take the group for meals and back to the club.

Sometimes the rules change but this was the set up last time on board.

Regards John