Melamine plates & plastic glasses?

I don't know what lines you have cruised except for one, but I don't remember ever having anything other than some type of plastic in the buffet. On most lines the buffet is near the pool and to not have plastic would be pretty stupid in my opinion.

Azamara, Oceania & Silversea... but, as DarkJedi posted, these cruise lines have few(er) children onboard.

LOL....I can't fathom why this would matter much less to create a post about it.

Well, it does beat some of the re-hash threads.

Besides, I looked up and learned what melamine was, how it is made, and what other uses it has. So if nothing else it has been educational for me.

Well, it does beat some of the re-hash threads.

Besides, I looked up and learned what melamine was, how it is made, and what other uses it has. So if nothing else it has been educational for me.

I am generally in favo(u)r of education!! And I have learned many things from the posts.

I have read that melamine scratches easily, is hard to disinfect /clean and is mostly for

"institutional" usage...

This will be my first experience of NCL and so some things are "unfamiliar" to me...

I am sorry to have to ask all these questions...

Edited by workingtocruise-59

I am generally in favo(u)r of education!!

I have read that melamine scratches easily, is hard to disinfect /clean and is mostly for

"institutional" usage...

Got the exact opposite on disinfecting and cleaning. Since it handles much higher temperatures it can be cleaned and disinfected easier. Plastic has a low enough melting point that Hep A can actually survive normal cleaning. Which is why you should always use a straw when using reusable plastic glasses in public.