Anthem New England Cruise

We will be doing a New England/Canada cruise on the Anthem in October, 2019. We will be flying into New Jersey and I was wondering if anyone knows of a "fly, snooze, cruise" deal? Know it is a little ways out but I like to get a jump start when flying across the country.

Thanks.

You didn't mention which airport you are looking for the package for.

Some good for any airport suggestions:

1) Look at chain websites such as IHG, Marriott, Hilton, etc for packages at their airport hotels.

2) Try Stay123.com

3) Try BuyReservations.com

4) web search

We are thinking the Newark Airport as the cruise port is Bayonne NJ. But I have never been to that part of the country so I am looking for any helpful information I can get. Many thanks.

Newark (EWR) is the closest major airport to the port. Around 30 minutes from the airport to the port assuming no traffic jams. I would not consider flying into either of the NYC airports for your cruise.

We always stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth NJ. There are a couple of restaurants next to it and a huge mall across the street which is great for picking up last minute items. They also offer a shuttle to and from the port for a small fee.

We did the Canada/New England cruise on Anthem in September of 2016. We had a great time. I hope your cruise is just as enjoyable.

There are actually limited packages available which offer a room and port transportation. Folks have mentioned two of the popular ones - Country Inns and Embassy Suites. Trinityreservations.com offers packages quoted tax included at the Ramada and Crowne Plaza as well as the Holiday Inn in Carteret, NJ.

The EWR hotels are airport hotels and are generally in isolated areas. Some hotels offer free breakfast but have no other food service. Some hotels are more full service, but no free breakfast. With the exception of the hotels on International Blvd in Elizabeth, there are no nearby dining options that can be walked to other than a full service hotel.

For more details please post on the East Coast Board.

We always stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth NJ. There are a couple of restaurants next to it and a huge mall across the street which is great for picking up last minute items. They also offer a shuttle to and from the port for a small fee.

We did the Canada/New England cruise on Anthem in September of 2016. We had a great time. I hope your cruise is just as enjoyable.

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites this past October....very disappointed with that hotel and I'm not picky at all.

The staff was so nice but the condition of the room was extremely sad. Outdated, dirty feeling and I'm pretty sure I could see mold near the ceiling in the bathroom :eek:.

I know they've been going under renovation (for a very looong time it seems according to other posts)...but really how long should that last. And I certainly didn't see any evidence of any actual work going on at all...except for half of the lobby was boarded off.

Next time I'll opt for the Embassy Suites or Residence Inn both just across the street and next door....and have some good reviews from several on this board. So glad I didn't have to pay for this hotel and got it on points but if I had had any idea, I would have rather paid for something elsewhere. So sorry I accepted some recommendations for the Country Inn.

Well worth it to check out other options and stay away from this hotel. JMHO from my personal viewpoint and observations.

Doubletree at Newark airport would be a good choice. They do offer a fly/ cruise rate. It seemed to be $10 - $20 more than best available. Hilton hotels offer many different rates such as hilton honors, AAA and senior rates. If those are better for your time frame you could always uber to the port for $14 - $16. Otherwise the package offers a shuttle to port at 10AM and 11 AM.

Jersey Gardens is an outlet Mall with many name brand stores with outlet prices. The mall is huge and you can sometimes find real bargains.