Ship time vs Island time

Aquarianbl

Hello all,

First time cruiser and I can't wait. I am currently looking at doing a shore excursion not associated with Carnival. I am very excited to book this tour however they are wanting to know when we will be there island time. We are leaving from Jacksonville in January (Eastern time) and going to Nassau (Eastern time), since it's in January, daylight savings should not be a problem. What I need confirmed is if island and ship time do truly match up then. I'm ok with following ship time but I don't want to be wrong when telling them the time to pick us up.

Thank you so much for any advice or help offered!

May I ask which island/excursion? The ones that have been doing this the longest and are the most reputable KNOW ship time is what they and we (cruisers) need to be concerned with. And most of them know these ships arrival departure times better than we do. We've never done a ship sponsored tour and have always told them the ship time. Not one has asked US to figure island time for them.

Carnival always keeps clock the same....Stay on Ship time. The excursion companies know the ships arrival and departure times and will ensure timely pickup and return

Edited by lcpagejr

Hello all,

First time cruiser and I can't wait. I am currently looking at doing a shore excursion not associated with Carnival. I am very excited to book this tour however they are wanting to know when we will be there island time. We are leaving from Jacksonville in January (Eastern time) and going to Nassau (Eastern time), since it's in January, daylight savings should not be a problem. What I need confirmed is if island and ship time do truly match up then. I'm ok with following ship time but I don't want to be wrong when telling them the time to pick us up.

Thank you so much for any advice or help offered!

2 things:

- Reputable excursion operators know what times the ships come and go from their local ports - if your excursion operator truly does not know, perhaps you should consult recent reviews

- There are online websites where you can look up which ships are in a given port each day and what times they dock & depart.

I am looking at Cheryl's Bahamas Taxi and Tours. I have looked at multiple reviews on trip adviser and she has almost a five star review. The email that was sent back to me gave itinerary possibilities and then asked about time

Can you also let me know the time you will like to start and end the tour? Please note, there may be a 1 hour difference between the time on the ship and the time on the island if the time on the ship is not Eastern Standard Time. We will go by island time.

Is this not usual? I honestly assumed the times would be the same but just wanted to check!

Thanks

I am looking at Cheryl's Bahamas Taxi and Tours. I have looked at multiple reviews on trip adviser and she has almost a five star review. The email that was sent back to me gave itinerary possibilities and then asked about time

Can you also let me know the time you will like to start and end the tour? Please note, there may be a 1 hour difference between the time on the ship and the time on the island if the time on the ship is not Eastern Standard Time. We will go by island time.

Is this not usual? I honestly assumed the times would be the same but just wanted to check!

Thanks

Some ships move the clock as they change zones...For example I am on MSC Seaside the end of the month and they do change their clock to match island time....Other lines like Carnival do not. So I sorta understand her question. The excursion operator wants to know what time to meet you and for how long. Nassau and FL are the same time when we are on EST

Some ships move the clock as they change zones...For example I am on MSC Seaside the end of the month and they do change their clock to match island time....Other lines like Carnival do not. So I sorta understand her question. The excursion operator wants to know what time to meet you and for how long. Nassau and FL are the same time when we are on EST

I kinda thought the same thing, that she just wanted to know. I did state we were on Carnival Elation coming from Jacksonville but I am wondering if this was kind of a generic email that they send to all people because she asked what ship and date and I did give that in the original email.

Has anyone done this tour? Likes? Dislikes?