Celebrity Equinox for kids?

Peaches’Beaches

It's fine for people to say that RCCL or Norwegian are 'great for families'...but not necessarily all families. The difference between a 2 year old and 3 yr old is gigantic, at least in terms of what you can do. It may be the most important age difference aside from legal drinking age. Essentially, with a two year old, there is little possibility of a 'break'. You cannot just drop them off at Fun Factory and walk away. The cabin babysitting at night is a nice idea, but it's pricey. The mega Norwegian and RCCL ships look fun, but are geared to older kids it seems... like 8 to 16.

I would suggest booking on the line that appeals to you the most and accept that this is a 'working vacation' where you don't have to cook or do dishes.

PS My tip would be to bring your stroller! It was a huge pain dragging it through the airport, but it was a life saver.

We ran out of diapers/pullups on the last day (of course) and found that we could buy them from Splash Academy (NCL) rather than the Duty Free shop (nobody tells you this). $38 at the Duty Free shop and $24 at the SA for the same thing. $24 was still way too much, but it was a saving.

In case this is useful to anyone else...the restroom outside of the kids club has a changing table and the cabinet above is stocked with (FREE!) diapers and wipes. It obviously won't last you a whole cruise but one day might work!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are taking our son, dil and 2 small children on the Solstice to Alaska this summer.

We didn't consider Disney because of the price!

But friends of ours took one of their kids and family on Disney in Jan. and they loved it. As a matter of fact, the grandparents want to go again without the kids because the food and service is so much better than Celebrity!

After our cruise, I will post the success of our venture!

We are taking our son' date=' dil and 2 small children on the Solstice to Alaska this summer.

We didn't consider Disney because of the price!

But friends of ours took one of their kids and family on Disney in Jan. and they loved it. As a matter of fact, the grandparents want to go again without the kids because the food and service is so much better than Celebrity!

After our cruise, I will post the success of our venture![/quote']

We took our boys to Alaska when our youngest was 7 - quite a journey at the time, but we enjoyed it so much as a family that we said we would return one day and this is the year. Looking forward to seeing some spectacular wildlife again ;).

We took our boys to Alaska when our youngest was 7 - quite a journey at the time, but we enjoyed it so much as a family that we said we would return one day and this is the year. Looking forward to seeing some spectacular wildlife again ;).

Hope y'all have another wonderful Alaskan cruise. :)

We're traveling on the Equinox in two weeks with our 14 and 16 year old sons. The 14 year old is very outgoing, makes friends with everyone, likes to be active. The 16 year old is much more circumspect, reads all the time, has few friends, is much more sedentary. So, it will be interesting to see how each reacts to the time on the ship for this trip (their first cruise). We're going during school vacation week, so I'm figuring there will be more kids than usual on the ship. I'll report back afterwards on each of their experiences with the trip.

Our son has been on NCL, Carnival and Celebrity Cruises. He prefers Celebrity. He loved the fun factory when he was younger. We have been on three Celebrity cruises with him and there are always plenty of “new friends” aboard. There are fewer kids so each kid feels special. It seems like the kids seem to be a well behaved bunch in general. The fun factory staff is always amazing. They sometimes take the kids to the shows at night and it’s cute to see them sitting there. The cruise director always makes a big deal of the kids. In the main dining room, our son was always fussed over and pampered to the extreme. I think well mannered kids are always welcomed in the MDR or even specialty restaurants.