Seabourn versus Regent

Michaela Wild

Yes, and because it's included the cost is higher,

As I've written previously, whether the cost is higher or not depends. If, for example, flying business class on long flights is a priority for you, the question is whether Regent's included business air is a better deal than booking your own flights. The answer depends on the details. Regent gets a group-rate discount from the airlines, and when they pass some of those savings along to their passengers, it can end up being a pretty good deal.

The same argument goes for all the "included" things.

If cost is a major consideration, then putting together a spreadsheet with everything (air, excursions, etc. etc.) in it that you will be doing is the only reasonable way I know of to do a comparison.

Yes. At least Regent does, and I believe Seabourn does too.

Yes, Seabourn has a variety of seating. We usually asked to sit with other people which worked out fine. After we asked to be invited to tables, we received an invitation almost every night to dine with officers, entertainers, the bridge instructor, etc.

Yes, Seabourn has a variety of seating. We usually asked to sit with other people which worked out fine. After we asked to be invited to tables, we received an invitation almost every night to dine with officers, entertainers, the bridge instructor, etc.

That's one difference--Regent no longer seems to have opportunities to dine with officers or staff. At least in my experience.