O's Reading Room coming to all sailings

albingirl

HMMM If I have an e-book membership, can I find out the Title of the Oprah book for my sailing ahead of time?

Or is the book on sale like wine: you can’t bring it on board because it cuts into the profits.

You are definitely allowed to bring your own copy, physical or digital. The current book is An American Marrige by Tayari Jones. However, I do not know what the end date of the current book club selection is.

Here is the link for your information

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/topics/arts-entertainment/os-reading-room-goes-fleetwide-features-oprahs-book-clubs-latest-selection-an-american-marriage/

I am surprised that someone who dislikes Oprah would prefer an advocate for the legalization of marijuana.

You illustrate the perils associating a face and agenda with a marketing image for a cruise ship. No fan of Steve's open endorsement of pot. I don't celebrate pushing the alcohol marketing on ships either. I'll give Oprah credit for that - I don't associate her with either intoxicant, even though both are deemed "natural" substances.

(NB: Oprah did confess to very early cocaine use, but that apparently is long past and lessons learned. Tabloids have also accused her of alcohol abuse, but there is no confirmation of that being a known association now either. Food addictions - that is another story and SNL liked to spoof her over that one.)