Escape Dining

buckeyefrank

We are booked on the Escape in a couple of weeks and we have another family traveling with us. Neither family has the dining package but we would like to book a couple of specialty restaurants. If we book through the NCL website, we are being prompted to pay for each reservation. The last time we were on the Escape, we had a free dining package and were not charged ahead of time. The problem is that we have all prepaid our tips and we have some OBC that we plan to use for the dinners. If I purchase a 2 dinner meal plan, would I be able to complete my reservations without paying upfront (other than the plan)?

Thanks

The best food on the Escape imho is Food Republic. Its not on the dining plan anyways!! They serve unique, modern tapas style dishes. You'd go in there and order 2 or 3 per person. We had the dining plan and chose to not even use all the meals because I'd rather be eating in Food Republic and when on vacation, I don't eat just ok food! It's very casual, you order your items from the tablet on the tables. The tables are bar height, it's a very casual feel with great food.

The other one I really like, again, forfeiting the dining plan is the sushi bar. Not Teppenyaki but the actual sushi bar. I liked the Green Tea Martini, I liked several of the rolls I ordered. Again, better food than the Specialty Dining options IMHO.

As far as the Specialty Dining, I did eat at Cagney's and La Cucina. I was able to book a table outside both times and that made it great. But honestly if I wasn't eating outside, I could take or leave both of them as well.

The Haven Restaurant is always amazing but serves the same menu all week. If staying in the Haven on the Escape you'll want to avoid dinner there on the first night and on the last night. It gets really crowded those nights and the Escape packs in a lot more passengers into the Haven than some of the other ships so the amount of people and trying to get a table where they don't take reservations is an issue, unless you avoid those 2 nights.

We are booked on the Escape in a couple of weeks and we have another family traveling with us. Neither family has the dining package but we would like to book a couple of specialty restaurants. If we book through the NCL website, we are being prompted to pay for each reservation. The last time we were on the Escape, we had a free dining package and were not charged ahead of time. The problem is that we have all prepaid our tips and we have some OBC that we plan to use for the dinners. If I purchase a 2 dinner meal plan, would I be able to complete my reservations without paying upfront (other than the plan)?

Thanks

Cover charge restaurants require payment in advance (Teppanyaki, Moderno, Supper Club Cabaret). All others reserve for free. If you want a cover charge restaurant, book as soon as you embark using a touch screen kiosk