Port canaveral ?

Cruisegirl6

I haven't paid attention to whether you'd have to drive around and come in the port again when we sailed from PC, but I guess I don't understand, what difference that would make if you are all in the car? It seems as though every suggestion you have been given, you've found a reason to reject it.

I don't know what solution is going to work for you as you seem determined that the only solution is that you have a porter do what you want him to do. I don't see why, if you don't want to be a "sitting duck" you can't get in line with your father, go to the check in, go up to where you wait to board and have your husband meet you there. Your husband would be dropping the luggage off when he drops you off.

If, for some reason, you do get to board before your husband, although I doubt that is going to happen, have a plan as to where to meet him when he gets onboard. It seems quite simple to me and not the matter you are trying to make it.

We've had to do what I suggested and it was easy peasy. I'm sorry you are having medical problems, but others do too and seem to be able to work things out without such dismay.

reallyitsmema hello- The other people that are going are from south florida driving the morning of the cruise to the port, we won't all be together as we live in different places in Florida. We will meet inside the terminal. In our car will only be myself, dad and my other half.

Katie53- Its not simple I can't help dad should he need help, in fact, I am unable to look up and down and I am very restricted looking right to left and I can't put any pressure on my neck and shoulders should dad need assistance, so its vital I have my other half with us. Also, if we need to use the escalator I cannot help him, I can't even see the first step lol but I can take a good guess lol but won't risk dad falling. I realize I am unable to get a porter from garage to terminal, its not that I want to do what I want to do, it really is the total solution to our problem so that the three of us can stay together and my other half can help us both should we need help. Driving to let our bags out to the porters then going all the way around the port to get back to the garage will take time and then we need a handicap spot and as you probably know they are limited, so if we arrive in the garage early we have a better chance getting a handicap spot.

Yes, I also understand many have medical problems but with the three of us two of us have medical problems and need my other half to get from the garage to the terminal and on the ship...once we are on the ship dad and myself are fine, no stairs, no needing to worry about our luggage, all those issues will be done with. Its not easy peasy when two of us are unable to roll our luggage and having one person roll three luggages and take care of us is nearly impossible....the best solution I see is to have a luggage cart with us and he can roll all three pieces and have myself one one side and dad on the other side of him or invest in those luggage pieces that move itself. :eek::D:')

The other members of your party are driving the morning of the cruise and can contact you when they are in the area. Residence Inn is not far from the port and they can easily come meet you there in the parking lot and drive over to the port at the same time. If they are not going to be there prior to check out at the Residence Inn, you can ask for a late check out at the hotel or just wait in the lobby area.

Neither you or you FIL should be getting on any escalator, that is just crazy! They people at the port will stop you if you try. There is an elevator that you can and should use.

As far as "driving all the way around the port", that is not the case at all. Look at the pictures in the link in this thread. Your other half is not going to have to go a huge distance to get in the garage. You will not need a handicap spot if you let your other half park the car. He will just be able to park at the first available spot.

There will be no way for your other half to push, pull or carry a luggage cart, have you on one arm and a man on a walker on his other side. There will be 6,000 others also boarding this ship and to have one group walking 3 abreast with a luggage cart is not going to happen.

reallyitsmema good point, I could wait for them to get to the hotel at least this way my sister can be dropped off with dad and myself good idea! I think your right again, we will use the elevator!! ;)

I am listening to what your saying a luggage cart would be too much.

Thank you everybody!