Enough time to explore Skagway And gold rush cemetery?

JP-Cruise

Hello,

For my Alaskan cruise this summer I will be in Skagway from 5:30am - 8:30pm (I know, super long day right?!)

My hiking excursion is from 8am - 5pm. When I come back from my hike, is 3 hours enough time to explore most of Skagway? How long is the walk from the gold rush cemetery back to the cruise ships?

The cemetery is at the far end of town, I’d estimate 3-4 miles. The transit bus drops off closer to the cemetery but the last bus is around 5pm. You might have your excursion drop you off there and walk back. Town is small, about 12 blocks long and 4 blocks wide. The stores will be open but most of the Park Service activities, museums, etc close around 5pm.

The cemetery is at the far end of town, I’d estimate 3-4 miles. The transit bus drops off closer to the cemetery but the last bus is around 5pm. You might have your excursion drop you off there and walk back. Town is small, about 12 blocks long and 4 blocks wide. The stores will be open but most of the Park Service activities, museums, etc close around 5pm.

Thanks for the info, ya that’s my plan, to have the van drop me off at the cemetery, so I just have to walk back. I found other threads where people have said it’s about a 30 minute walk back to the cruise dock