Random observations/comments Freedom of the Seas, March 17, 2018

Some random observations. We haven't sailed Royal since 2016.

I really, really dislike the $7.95 charge for room service at any time. That's just nickel and diming to me.

No champagne at the Captain's reception. Not that I'm a big drinker, but that was a nice touch that (at least on our cruise) is now gone.

Two people working the coffee bar, and sometimes only one, resulted in long lines many times. Definitely understaffed, but the staff that was there worked very hard to be efficient.

Lack of variety of food in the MDR and the Windjammer. That was disappointing and not up to the standards that we experienced two years ago.

Chair hogs are out of control and I saw very little being done about it.

That being said, the ship is in great shape. We had great service all the way around and had a great cruise. Just sharing my two cents' worth on some minor issues.

Two people working the coffee bar, and sometimes only one, resulted in long lines many times. Definitely understaffed, but the staff that was there worked very hard to be efficient.

I found this to be an issue on our last few cruises. I don't drink the specialty coffees, and find waiting on line for just a cookie behind those getting their specialty coffee very time consuming. On Oasis last month only two employees were working the counter. The line was always 15 deep..

I found this to be an issue on our last few cruises. I don't drink the specialty coffees, and find waiting on line for just a cookie behind those getting their specialty coffee very time consuming. On Oasis last month only two employees were working the counter. The line was always 15 deep..

Sort of like the bar server coverage in the dining room since the advent of the drink packages.