Need Advice Dawn or Golden

spendalot

Both leave the same day, both go to Mexico almost same itenary. Prices very close. We need three cabins, 4 adults, and three teenagers. any suggestions?

It’s a question of big ship or small ship. I would choose Dawn Princess over the Grand Class any old day. Given that you have teenagers, Golden might be more suitable as I believe there are more activities for teens on the larger ships.

Just off the Dawn for the Christmas cruise. Since this was our first, we had nothing to compare to. There were TONS of kids on board--3 of them mine--and loads of teenagers. There is a small arcade with 5 machines. There is also PS in the Teen room. There were dances and lots of activities all over the ship, including hot tub and pool parties. There were some incidents with drunk teenagers, but mostly because they were drunk before they got to the area. The youth security folks kept them up in the center so they could be watched, rather than sending them away, which disturbed my 13 year old, but I can totally agree with their logic. The Dawn was fine, though I talked with other families who had been on much larger ships, who felt that there weren't enough options for their teens.

I was on the previous sailing and I believe the estimate for the number of kids/teens was 450. That’s almost 25% of the normal passenger load and a much higher percentage than other times of year.

Archived