Glory March '19 - Booked!

samrothstein

My wife and I decided to go on a second cruise, and booked the Glory out of NOLA for the last week of March 2019. We will be leaving the kids with my mom in NOLA, and enjoying 5 days in the sun, and relaxing on our aft balcony :). We previously sailed on the Destiny in 2011, pre any of the 2.0 stuff, so we're excited about some of the new options.

First stop is Cozumel and the zipline followed by Mr Sanchos and massages sounds like a good fit for us.

Second stop is Progresso, and I've no idea what to do there. Thinking ruins could be nice, but also wouldn't mind just lounging on the beach and doing nothing. Short trip to Dzibilchaltun followed by a resort pass may be good.

Glad I've got a little bit of time to plan ;););)

I'm booked on it in September. I'm excited because this will be my first balcony cabin! Zipline in Cozumel sounds fun, I'll have to check into that.

Our prior cruise was a balcony and we loved it. When we travel to beach destinations we like to splurge for a view, and cruising fits that bill! I would consider an ocean view with the kids, but that's a discussion for another time.

The zipline looks like it's right off the pier, so hopefully is nice. I'm also looking into more secluded/quiet options to Mr Sanchos.

We really enjoyed our trip to Uxmal if you go the ruins route. We were there in early March so it wasn't at all hot - perfect weather. The grounds are fantastic and I have some beautiful photos from a top the pyramid.

We really enjoyed our trip to Uxmal if you go the ruins route. We were there in early March so it wasn't at all hot - perfect weather. The grounds are fantastic and I have some beautiful photos from a top the pyramid.

Uxmal looks great, but I don't know if donating half of the port time to riding in a bus is right for us this trip.

If only I had more time to plan!! /sarcasm

• 1 month later...
Uxmal looks great, but I don't know if donating half of the port time to riding in a bus is right for us this trip.

If only I had more time to plan!! /sarcasm

I second the vote for Uxmal (but of course only if you are interested). As mentioned by another poster, the late March weather was wonderful, warm but not too hot, dry rather than humid, no bugs at all. We like history and culture more than beaches and loved that Uxmal has very few visitors and you can climb most of the structures. We used Lawson's tours and had a private driver in a small sedan who took us to the ruins and Choco Story museum across the street. You are correct that it's a long drive but it was quite pleasant chatting with Jesus who was a real peach and told us a lot about what it's like to live in the Yucatan, and being in a car rather than a large sardine can. . . I mean modern lovely motorcoach. It's somewhat pricier than ship excursions and I am usually quite a cheapo but I felt we got exceptional value for the cost and absolutely made the best choice for us.

We are considering this same cruise but need confirmation from one member of our group before we can pull the trigger. I wouldn't do Uxmal again but only because we really covered it so thoroughly, but if we go I will check and see what else Lawson's has available.

My husband and I are booked on the Glory on her first cruise out of New Orleans, March 2. The only reason I booked is because a Grand Scenic View cabin was available. I've wanted to have one of these cabins for a long time but I've never been able to find one available. I have a feeling someone that had this cabin cancelled when the Glory was switching ports while the Triumph went to drydock.

In Progresso, I'm contemplating doing the Holy Guacamole, Salsa & Margaritas Beach Cooking excursion.