Small ship & getting sea sick?

bandjwayne

I get really sea sick and the bands are useless for me. I now take Bonine 2 days prior to a cruise, one each day, and for 2 days after a cruise. (Because once I get on land and stop swaying, I get land sickness!). You can also take Bonine as needed. It is less drowsy than Dramamine.

I get really sea sick and the bands are useless for me. I now take Bonine 2 days prior to a cruise, one each day, and for 2 days after a cruise. (Because once I get on land and stop swaying, I get land sickness!). You can also take Bonine as needed. It is less drowsy than Dramamine.

This made me laugh. I don’t get “land seasickness “ but it takes me a good 2-3 days to stop feeling like I’m swaying. It’s annoying when your off the ship but still feel like you’re rocking[emoji31]. Def in favor of Bonine too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The larger ships (Dream-class) are more likely to be stable in smaller waves that will make a day aboard the Fantasy, for example, awful for those who suffer seasickness. So ship size does matter!

Location of cabin (lower, mid-ship is best) and location of cruise (choppy Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico and I've been told the Pacific/California are worse for seasickness sufferers) can also play into it - depending on the seas.

Ear patches by prescription don't work for me.

Bonine (or Target-store brand) are excellent...take the day before and continue daily if needed. This is why I can continue to cruise.

It's the wind and the waves that matter, if those are big enough the largest ship will rock and roll. We sailed through the remnants of a nor'easter on Pride and the motion was similar to what I've felt on 10k ton vessels. I slept like a baby:).

I loved that cruise and the motion:hearteyes: It seemed much more 'up and down' vs 'side to side' (gotta love my technical nautical terms;)). We ended our Regal Princess cruise with near gale force winds returning to NY from Nova Scotia and it was the 'side to side' - not as much fun

I've looked into the seabands as well for our upcoming cruise. There appear to be two in a package. Do you wear one on each arm or is only one necessary?

They are awful ugly!!! But if it works when needed I guess I won't care if they class with my dress on formal night! ;)

Thanks,

We got seabands for our first cruise and never really used them for sailing, but my husband has used them with success at amusement parks. I did fine on our Regal cruise, but once back on land started experiencing symptoms (migraine, mild nausea - not just post cruise swaying) and the bands worked wonders for me then.

If I feel lousy the ugly won't matter to me, but I think I saw in a different thread someone mention bands that are more like fitbit bracelets.