New drink promotion for Divina and Seaside.

KruiseKween

I’m an seriously debating on the option of upgrading to the classic package for $18/pp per day!

I’m trying to be realistic with just how much gelato, boozy coffee and fru fru cocktails I will/should realistic consume in a weeks time lol

I need help everyone!! Please help, either talk me off the ledge or push me over! Lol jk

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m an seriously debating on the option of upgrading to the classic package for $18/pp per day!

I’m trying to be realistic with just how much gelato, boozy coffee and fru fru cocktails I will/should realistic consume in a weeks time lol

I need help everyone!! Please help, either talk me off the ledge or push me over! Lol jk

If you are going to upgrade, I would spend the extra $56 pp and go for the deluxe. Those gelato ice cream bars are among the most incredible things I have ever eaten (only free with deluxe)! The Venchi martinis are also worth their weight in gold, and only in the deluxe package! Also gives you the minibar, and much better selection of wines, beers, and liquor brands. It just takes all of the thinking out of the equation and lets you go enjoy. The deluxe package on MSC was the best beverage package we have had on any line, and we have done the highest available packages on NCL, Royal, Carnival, and Celebrity.

If you drink 2 cocktails a day, it pays for it. I think it’s a really good deal compared to the $47 a day it normally is. [emoji13] However if you can easily stick to rum and coke, etc then save the money.

I vaguely remember a while ago reading that if you choose Bella, you may be bumped to the buffet. Is this true?

Yes it’s true you will most likely in the buffet area for dinner but it’s set up like the dinning room and are served the same food as the dinning room

I just spoke to my TA, I am in a Fantastica Balcony, travelling with my wife and 2 children.. I was told it would be $103 extra to switch from the drink vouchers to the drinks on us package. When I inquired about then upgrading to the deluxe package, I was told it was $26 per person, including the children. Do these numbers make sense? I wouldn't think children would be the same as adults, as a week of the deluxe package for children is only about $60.

I just spoke to my TA, I am in a Fantastica Balcony, travelling with my wife and 2 children.. I was told it would be $103 extra to switch from the drink vouchers to the drinks on us package. When I inquired about then upgrading to the deluxe package, I was told it was $26 per person, including the children. Do these numbers make sense? I wouldn't think children would be the same as adults, as a week of the deluxe package for children is only about $60.

That doesn’t sound right about the kids. It is $26 per person per day, not $26 total per person. I’ll look into the kids shortly and report back.

Sorry, I was not clear with what I wrote. I was told the upgrade would be $26 per person, per day. I'm questioning if it would be $26 per adult and per child, making the deluxe package $104 for the cabin per day.

Sorry, I was not clear with what I wrote. I was told the upgrade would be $26 per person, per day. I'm questioning if it would be $26 per adult and per child, making the deluxe package $104 for the cabin per day.

According to the small print in the offer flyer, the upgrade must be done for all guests age 21 and older in the stateroom. If your kids are under 21 it will be $52 per day total.

I just took the leap and upgraded to the all inclusive CLASSIC package. It’s great because now the gratuity is included in the 18 dollars per day, I get a bit more flexibility with my drink choices and I didn’t have to pay the 18 dollars a day for my child (will only be 3 at the time of sailing). This was a great in-between option from the basic and deluxe choices.

Oh and this note it only took about 45 mins vs over and hour the first time to add the basic drinks on us package lol

Just upgraded from a Fantastica Oceanview to a Bella Balcony with the Drinks on Us package for $120. We are also planning to upgrade to the classic drink package. Total cost will set us back about $400 CAD which isn't bad when you consider that we went from an OV to a balcony and got a drink package.

Just upgraded from a Fantastica Oceanview to a Bella Balcony with the Drinks on Us package for $120. We are also planning to upgrade to the classic drink package. Total cost will set us back about $400 CAD which isn't bad when you consider that we went from an OV to a balcony and got a drink package.

Wow - Good deal ! I'd say too good a deal but I never side with cruise lines . :D

I called yesterday and made this change for 3 cabins. For the two cabins for my family (both interior Fantastica), it actually reduced our total cost by about $50 per room. For my parents cabin (Fantastica Balcony S1), it upped the price by about $100 total, which is worth it! I plan to upgrade us all to the classic package before the cruise. At $18 per day, that is a steal! I'm thrilled with this new addition!

I called yesterday and made this change for 3 cabins. For the two cabins for my family (both interior Fantastica), it actually reduced our total cost by about $50 per room. For my parents cabin (Fantastica Balcony S1), it upped the price by about $100 total, which is worth it! I plan to upgrade us all to the classic package before the cruise. At $18 per day, that is a steal! I'm thrilled with this new addition!

We upgraded to the classic as well and I’m seriously pondering the deluxe...do I really need unlimited gelato,rooms service, crepes?? I think I am so far beyond “need” at this point lol. I’m glad it worked out so well for your crew!

New to MSC.... had the drink package added to my cruise NO PROBLEM.. Want to upgrade the package for $18 per day per person. Not cruising until 10/27/2018 - final payment not due until 7/30/2018. Would rather upgrade directly with MSC & not my TA - should I wait until after final payment? Is there a way to do this on line or better to call?

Thanks for any advise.

New to MSC.... had the drink package added to my cruise NO PROBLEM.. Want to upgrade the package for $18 per day per person. Not cruising until 10/27/2018 - final payment not due until 7/30/2018. Would rather upgrade directly with MSC & not my TA - should I wait until after final payment? Is there a way to do this on line or better to call?

Thanks for any advise.

I would do it now incase they discontinue the promotion. You have to call in but you don’t have to pay for it till final payment.

I would do it now incase they discontinue the promotion. You have to call in but you don’t have to pay for it till final payment.

Sorry don’t mean to hijack your response. When I called in, the MSC rep told me that the cost of the package was due now. I’m not sure if it’s because the package is none refundable or what not (doesn’t matter, because I won’t hanged my mind anyways) but the final payment date was still the same. I don’t know if they is what other people had to do as well but I hope this helps.

Sorry don’t mean to hijack your response. When I called in, the MSC rep told me that the cost of the package was due now. I’m not sure if it’s because the package is none refundable or what not (doesn’t matter, because I won’t hanged my mind anyways) but the final payment date was still the same. I don’t know if they is what other people had to do as well but I hope this helps.

If you upgrade on your own it is due now. If you do it through your TA it doesn’t have to be paid until final payment date.

I wish they would be consistent. I just did the $18 pp/pd upgrade through MSC (I booked through them too) and it’s not due till the final payment.

I wish they would be consistent. I just did the $18 pp/pd upgrade through MSC (I booked through them too) and it’s not due till the final payment.

The reason for the difference is based on ownership of the reservation. If you book with a TA they own it and are responsible for payments for you. When you add something on without their knowledge (aka upgrading package directly with MSC) then the cruise line doesn’t want to mess up what the TA has set up for you, therefore they collect payment immediately. When you book directly, you own the reservation so it can be applied to the balance owed.

If you add the drinks on us promotion to an existing booking that hasn't had final payment yet, does MSC issue you a new booking number?

I had to “rebook” my cruise and I was given a new booking number but my cabin and experience level stayed the same. Some have said they’re booking number didn’t change. So I guess it just depends on what they need to do with your original booking.