Alaskan cruise

HAPPINESS IS

Carefully study the itinerary. On our opinion, the northbound trip is better.

We actually have done the northbound a couple of times, catching the train up to Delnali post cruise.

It is one of our favorite cruises. Sitting out and watching the sea life (whales, dolphin, seals) nightly is magical. We are doing a Seattle round trip this year.

We are hoping to do an Alaskan cruise, from Seward to Vancouver during 2019. Thereafter a land or land and rail tour of the Canadian Rockies. Does anyone have any tips / advice / suggestions for me? Thank you.

Northbound out of Vancouver to Seward your land package uses the Alaska Railway or Charter motor coach

to the prime attraction - Denali Park. Return to Anchorage for flights home or ending the land tour in Fairbanks.

The Alaska RR trip is not to be missed especially in the Dome Cars. Depending on the hotel and land package

arrangements your luggage is taken in advance to the hotel so you don't have to worry about lugging that luggage.

Southbound Seward to Vancouver your land tour (RR) package is complimented with connections to Canada

VIA rail or the "Rocky Mountaineer". Connect to their website for more details. The Rocky Mountaineer puts on

a fabulous program - if you have a travel office or auto club putting on a show do attend it to learn more.

Regarding travel plans to Alaska - are we there yet - have we reached the end of the internet - Alaska is so

awesome and overwhelming CC could not possibly cover it all in forums - but read on to just begin to scratch

the surface - check out the sub-forum on Alaska.

Depending on where you are traveling from getting to Anchorage can be a headache. There are not many airlines that go to Anchorage, and even fewer that are reasonably priced. I could not find a direct flight for under $700 per from any airport within 100 miles of me on the west coast. If you can work it out maybe spend a couple days in Seattle prior to going into Anchorage. It just seemed to me that that was the hardest part of getting the trip lined up. Basically I'm cheap and did it myself, I'm sure a TA probably would have made it easier.