What can we bring on board?

Irushka

Directly from the MSC website:

13.1 Alcoholic drinks, including wines, spirits, beer or other liqueurs are available for purchase onboard the Vessel at fixed prices. Passengers are not permitted to bring onboard any such drinks for use during the voyage, whether for consumption in their own cabins or otherwise. Alcoholic drinks in any form will not be sold to Minors during the cruise. When the itinerary includes a port located in the U.S.A the same conditions will apply for any passengers under the age 21.

13.2 The Carrier and/or its servants and/or agents may confiscate alcohol brought onboard by Passengers.

13.3 The Carrier and/or its servants and/or agents may refuse to serve a Passenger alcohol or further alcohol where in their reasonable opinion the Passenger is likely to be a danger and/or nuisance to himself/herself, other passengers and/or the Vessel.

9.4 Passengers are prohibited from bringing on board any articles that can be used as a weapon, explosives, illegal or dangerous goods.

I agree with the alcohol, that will be a no go. However, their drink prices are very reasonable.

In regards to a knife, it might depend on what it looks like. I am guessing you want it for, maybe fruit that will be delivered to your room? A serrated plastic knife should work on most items like apples and such that you might get. I use those at work over the butter knives I have at the cafeteria. They are pretty good!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Why do you need to bring a knife on board? Get a knife to cut fruit from the buffet? This is just odd!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I get fruit delivered to my cabin daily and I will have room service bring breakfast. I will probably eat fruit with breakfast- maybe she wants it for that.

I was on Seaside last week. I had brought a small leatherman type tool on every cruise I've ever been on without issue...until this one.

My checked bag did not show up with the rest of my family's luggage.

I was in YC so I inquired about my luggage with the butler. He showed back up about 15 minutes later with my suitcase. He said there was a knife in there. He said security left it in there but I was not to take it off the ship at the ports as it would be confiscated when I re-boarded.

I get fruit delivered to my cabin daily and I will have room service bring breakfast. I will probably eat fruit with breakfast- maybe she wants it for that.

We are cruising with three little kids, we need a knife for apples ext.

I was on Seaside last week. I had brought a small leatherman type tool on every cruise I've ever been on without issue...until this one.

My checked bag did not show up with the rest of my family's luggage.

I was in YC so I inquired about my luggage with the butler. He showed back up about 15 minutes later with my suitcase. He said there was a knife in there. He said security left it in there but I was not to take it off the ship at the ports as it would be confiscated when I re-boarded.

Same thing happened to hubby. Always had taken a leatherman and last time bag went to the naughty room. He told an officer he brings it in case he needs a screwdriver or something. Officer said just let us know and we’ll bring you one.

We are cruising with three little kids, we need a knife for apples ext.

I completely understand. I don't know the quality of the metal knives on the buffet. They can be pretty blunt.

I do know plastic serrated knives will do cheese and apples for kiddos without issue.

Good luck! :)