Update marketing preferences or lose loyalty status?

Geoffa30

What is interesting is the way Princess (or rather Carnival) are dealing with this.

For example whilst all my members clubs (bridge club, yacht club etc.) have made the effort to deal with this, we have not YET heard from any of British Airways Executive Club, National Trust, Tesco, Hotels.com Rewards, Amazon, Hyatt, etc.

Wonder how it will affect Facebook AND INDEED Cruise Critic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Think it only affects companies who store data about us (UK/Europeans) outside the EU. So the companies you listed shouldn't be affected.

Do you think it doesn't apply to France? I didn't get any e-mail from Princess, and nothing in my Captain club account.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

It should do, as I said above UK/Europeans.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Think it only affects companies who store data about us (UK/Europeans) outside the EU. So the companies you listed shouldn't be affected.

I'm not sure you are correct Dave.

Certainly my UK bridge club, which publishes our result on the internet, believes it applies to them and yesterday we received an e-mail on the subject from The National Trust about continuing to e-mail/contact us, though they were not suggesting that they would cancel our membership

I'm not sure you are correct Dave.

Certainly my UK bridge club, which publishes our result on the internet, believes it applies to them and yesterday we received an e-mail on the subject from The National Trust about continuing to e-mail/contact us, though they were not suggesting that they would cancel our membership

Think the updated legislation includes EU companies as before with the old legislation. This new update though, now covers companies holding data on us in non EU countries. This is why we've rec'd emails from the cruiselines.

MIL sails with P&O uk later this year and she's just sent me a copy of an email they had sent her.

It's also asking if she wants to remain in the Peninsular club, she had to tick a box.

I wondered though why I had not had the same email and another poster on the P&O side said some accounts already had the settings right already so i'm thinking that most be why. I'm going to log in and check anyway.

I also have points with RCCL and Carnival so i'll be checking those to. The RCCL one defiantly, as I have my eye on a Canaries Cruise next year.

In my book even with only a few points it's better to keep them than to loss them.

Jules

MIL sails with P&O uk later this year and she's just sent me a copy of an email they had sent her.

It's also asking if she wants to remain in the Peninsular club, she had to tick a box.

I wondered though why I had not had the same email and another poster on the P&O side said some accounts already had the settings right already so i'm thinking that most be why. I'm going to log in and check anyway.

I also have points with RCCL and Carnival so i'll be checking those to. The RCCL one defiantly, as I have my eye on a Canaries Cruise next year.

In my book even with only a few points it's better to keep them than to loss them.

Jules

Best check RCI one, mine was totally messed up, and I had to email them to get it sorted.

76 Posts

Joined May 2017

Posted Today, 02:37 PM

Having read this thread and also a similar one on P&O I attempted to login and ensure we would keep our status. However, because we live outside the UK (Ireland) it would not allow us to do so.

As a result I have had to telephone both Princess & P&O and this has had to be done manually by the member of staff.

This is just for the information of any other person who has a similar problem. I was assured that we will keep our status but had I not telephoned them we would have returned to blue status from Elite.

I thought the storing outside EU was a different issue. I thought the issue this law was addressing is to do with a person dealing with one company which then stores personal data about that person then wants to reveal some of the data to a different company. This is often the case where a company identifies that its products are purchased by people who also traditionally buy another specific product. They then sell your name etc. to the other company which then contacts you.

Regards John

I thought the storing outside EU was a different issue. I thought the issue this law was addressing is to do with a person dealing with one company which then stores personal data about that person then wants to reveal some of the data to a different company. This is often the case where a company identifies that its products are purchased by people who also traditionally buy another specific product. They then sell your name etc. to the other company which then contacts you.

Regards John

Who knows...more redtape from the EU.