Riveria A1 cabin help

RMLLEL

I'd vote for either 12002 or 12004, as they are the best placed cabins and sure to be quiet, being under the massage rooms

201233.jpg

Other than those four A1 cabins, Deck 12 is entirely "big Suites", and once inside the glass doors, it genuinely feels like being on a private yacht up there. :D

With only 16 cabins on the entire Deck, it may take a few days before you even see a neighbor!

I'd vote for either 12002 or 12004, as they are the best placed cabins and sure to be quiet, being under the massage rooms

201233.jpg

Other than those four A1 cabins, Deck 12 is entirely "big Suites", and once inside the glass doors, it genuinely feels like being on a private yacht up there. :D

With only 16 cabins on the entire Deck, it may take a few days before you even see a neighbor!

What's it like in those cabins during rough seas? We don't get motion sickness, but we don't want to feel like we're on a diving board either.

I haven't been there so I can't say. These cabins are pretty mid-ship but then they are high. (Then again, the ship isn't all that large. Being high up on a 5000 passenger ship probably would be far more difficult.)

We have been on Deck 11 on Marina at the very aft of aft, and were okay in the cabin in some rough seas. Walking down the hallway was another question ... We've also been on a couple of Vistas on Marina and again, seas didn't bother us.

There are no standard answers to these questions. JimStan were on the Marina maiden voyage I believe, and there was a horrendous storm ... broken glass everywhere, etc. They may better answer this particular question.

We were also in a Vista on Sirena with rough weather and while I wasn't all that comfortable, I wasn't suffering either. And I have always been prone to mal de mer.

If this is a serious question for you, then stick to midships, low down cabins. That leaves out the higher end cabins, of course, but it will mitigate suffering!

Hope this answer helps, although I realize it probably does not ...

Mura

I haven't been there so I can't say. These cabins are pretty mid-ship but then they are high. (Then again, the ship isn't all that large. Being high up on a 5000 passenger ship probably would be far more difficult.)

We have been on Deck 11 on Marina at the very aft of aft, and were okay in the cabin in some rough seas. Walking down the hallway was another question ... We've also been on a couple of Vistas on Marina and again, seas didn't bother us.

There are no standard answers to these questions. JimStan were on the Marina maiden voyage I believe, and there was a horrendous storm ... broken glass everywhere, etc. They may better answer this particular question.

We were also in a Vista on Sirena with rough weather and while I wasn't all that comfortable, I wasn't suffering either. And I have always been prone to mal de mer.

If this is a serious question for you, then stick to midships, low down cabins. That leaves out the higher end cabins, of course, but it will mitigate suffering!

Hope this answer helps, although I realize it probably does not ...

Mura

We were once on the Celebrity Xpedition Galapagos ship in the RS which is in the front of the ship. We hit some serious 20+ foot swells around 2 am and water was coming over the bow and through our sliding glass door which was cracked open. Needless to say it woke us up as it felt like we were on a diving board going up and down. We were also crossing the Ditch one time between Australia and NZ and saw a much smaller Regent ship going in the other direction with the waves busting over her bow in a big way.

So when I hear how wonderful cabins are in front of the ship, especially those on smaller ships to include the Riviera and Marina, I'm curious to see if those folks saying that have ever experienced those forward cabins busting through 20-30+ foot seas. For us we usually book midship and aft facing cabins as we really have no desire to experience that teeter-totter moment again if we can help it.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

We certainly didn't, but I'm pretty sure either the people on Marina's or Rivera's maiden voyages DID. Someone will chime in ...

But how often do those seas happen?

A few years ago I corresponded with someone who was on a HAL ship in the North Atlantic where the storm was so powerful that they lost ALL power on the ship, lots of broken glass, etc. It was quite terrible. Yet when I've crossed the North Atlantic (several times), on one cruise on the QE2 we had a few rough days where I was prostrate on my bed, but on the 3-4 other trips everything was smooth.

Mura

One of the perks of Concierge class is access to the Concierge lounge which is on Deck 9. IMO better to take an A2 cabin midship on Deck 9 so you can be midship yet on same deck as the lounge which is located on deck 9 forward. We have enjoyed staying in 8089 and 8091 which are A2s on Starboard side.

1280px-Marina_cruise_douglas.jpg

With respect, the O Class ships weigh in at 66000 tons, while Celebrity Expedition is less than 3000.

They really cannot be compared in any meaningful way.

Celebrity_Xpedition_218784.jpg

As far as Deck 12 is concerned, I have never heard/read a single complaint about the "motion of the Ocean" from the occupants of those adjacent Oceania Suites, and we found the Deck 12 Vista Suites exceptionally stable in 20 foot seas. :D

1280px-Marina_cruise_douglas.jpg

With respect, the O Class ships weigh in at 66000 tons, while Celebrity Expedition is less than 3000.

They really cannot be compared in any meaningful way.

Celebrity_Xpedition_218784.jpg

As far as Deck 12 is concerned, I have never heard/read a single complaint about the "motion of the Ocean" from the occupants of those adjacent Oceania Suites, and we found the Deck 12 Vista Suites exceptionally stable in 20 foot seas. :D

Thanks Jim and Stan. I was hoping to hear that. I realize they are two totally different size ships, but will always have that "diving board" memory of the Xpedition as well as that smaller Regent ship crossing the Ditch with the waves busting over the bow. But I'm glad to hear the cabins up high on the Riviera bow are pretty stable during rough seas.

One of the perks of Concierge class is access to the Concierge lounge which is on Deck 9. IMO better to take an A2 cabin midship on Deck 9 so you can be midship yet on same deck as the lounge which is located on deck 9 forward. We have enjoyed staying in 8089 and 8091 which are A2s on Starboard side.

CORRECTION...meant to say suggest cabins 9089 and 9091 in A2 category.

We were in Cabin 12002 in October Barcelona to Athens. Will be booking this cabin again. Fantastic. Easy access to just about everything, but once those doors close, you could be on your private ship. Loved it!