Surviving 2,000+ kids on Allure (Western Spring Break)

The small sandy beach between the infinity pools

f7890bf9b67aabaefa3e8f3dca49f2b1.jpg

Second swim up bar and infinity pool.

0605b41ff85c3a8c2a4c0915357de0a1.jpg

All of those were accessed through an underpass from the hotel. On the hotel side, there was another large pool and more bars.

a4fec4ff72aa04b3cfbf5de362d54350.jpg

There were plenty of loungers to go around, but we spent a lot of our time in the pool with our drinks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After a very relaxing day, it was time to re-board the ship to get ready for dinner.

24ff4d5bee95a2e691162d5f42ff7d5f.jpg

Tonight’s dinner is what the app said we were supposed to get on day 3.

Asian pork tacos.

74166a858e1302fabf8b0f45eb3d2e2d.jpg

Tiger shrimp (Not the best presentation. Looks like someone already took a bite[emoji3])

4c4dd097c88f39335f85975f0c8db505.jpg

Cherries jubilee

ccc9c92926568d935175b6095a54012a.jpg

Many were well behaved. There was a few who loved to ring the door bell to suites on the 12th deck and then scatter. I could hear them running in the corridor at about 1:30 am. Must be new as in prior cruises it was the elevator buttons.

Most, seemed well behaved. The ship was totally sold out, but other than the Character Parade, Captain's Night, embarkation/disembarkation, and those silly sales, it never seemed overly crowded.

Hi Mark.

First of all I have to admit I completely forgot about Spring Break when we booked that week on Allure. But, having said that, I have to agree with your assessment in that most of the kids were very well mannered. The most we noted were a few noisy congregations in the halls and some of the elevator button pressers. I love kids though and most of their shenanigans are easier for me to laugh off than for other ppl. As long as no one gets hurts, it’s just kids being kids. 2000?! Really? There were 2000? [emoji54]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As long as no one gets hurts, it’s just kids being kids. 2000?! Really? There were 2000? [emoji54]

That’s right, that is what we were told. Every time we walked through the ship, it looked like 3 kids for every adult, so I believe it.

The other times we were on Oasis and Allure, it didn’t seem like there were as many kids. I will be interested to see how many are on Harmony in November, since that one has the slides. It may be a bigger draw for the kids. As long as I get my turn, that’s okay with me.

That’s right, that is what we were told. Every time we walked through the ship, it looked like 3 kids for every adult, so I believe it.

The other times we were on Oasis and Allure, it didn’t seem like there were as many kids. I will be interested to see how many are on Harmony in November, since that one has the slides. It may be a bigger draw for the kids. As long as I get my turn, that’s okay with me.

Maybe most of the kids will be in school in November so not so many. But yes, you must be a big boy Mark and share the slides. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love reading your review. We will be on the Allure in September. We were on her back in October of 2016. I can't wait!

Could you please tell me how long a walk it is to the Park Royal Hotel from the ship. I've had two knee replacements and can't walk that far yet. If it is too far for me, would it be worth it to take a taxi, or would that be stupid?

I'm still enjoying your review, we will be on Allure in June on the Eastern itinerary, thank you.

Thanks for reading. Where does your Eastern take you? We are doing Eastern on Harmony, and the ports are Labadee, San Juan, and Saint Martin.

Could you please tell me how long a walk it is to the Park Royal Hotel from the ship. I've had two knee replacements and can't walk that far yet. If it is too far for me, would it be worth it to take a taxi, or would that be stupid?

Not far at all. About 500 yards. See the map below.

40e1d3b5cfc99203a383c1f26511a3f8.jpg

No shows booked for the evening, so we spent most of the time after dinner at the On Air Club. We got there early for what was to be an Adult Majority Rules game. The teens were doing karaoke, and it was very amusing. No future stars there, but they all looked like they were having fun.

Majority rules was supposed to be for adults only, but most of the kids, or families with kids were playing, so the answers were far different from what you would get if it were truly adults only. We had a very poor showing, since we must not have been thinking like kids.

We passed on the Quest, because we prefer the format on the smaller ships. Also, DW and my own kids have banned me from participating in it after my stellar performance on the Serenade several years ago. Runner up then. What do they say, always a bridesmaid and never a bride?

Back to the cabin, and the alligators were out.

fd76bdec17053ea5db737c54c00fe94e.jpg

You always hate it when you get the last Compass, because it means they are almost ready to kick you off the ship.

So here is the compass for the last sea day.

38ede09500c8411757359450956b9ced.jpg

5c1fd9331af2525dfbd1ecaacb2dd19a.jpg

47b125c06f5ae7b40d40b0dc1070da23.jpg

8dd6f78250493f313292a105cfe636b8.jpg

The last sea day on our way from Cozumel back to Ft. Lauderdale. Time to get in the last of the time around the pools, and enjoy the last of the entertainment. We were up early to get our Starbucks, and to see that Royal went all out on their Easter decorations. They splurged on a couple dozen balloons. (Early mornings are good, because the kids are still asleep)

ffc06fa520849cb51f6dc89fbd7e1b6a.jpg

After a little time at the hot tub, it was off to the Madagascar Aquashow.

e69958219d8cc48a5453d1d0a8bb5c95.jpg

2bbeecb01c140448723e341677d54b6a.jpg

4c0a0f8ae06237272cb901f6cf71afcc.jpg

ed101af8625c9d585cc0bad4349bfe8e.jpg

Then, off to Johnny Rockets for lunch after the show. I know, why go here and pay for a burger when there are so many other choices? DW had to have her apple pie, so anything to please her.

Chili cheese fries again

7b4d8336795f14fb8ce93ca03a0e3a50.jpg

And burger

3761f0625a88d0c552625f3127865356.jpg

We booked the ice games show for the afternoon. Studio B was not crowded at all for this show. Everyone was probably out trying to bake in the last of their tans before going home.

They announced a ban on photography and videos at most of the indoor shows, and it looked like most people complied. So I guess I only broke the rule once at the end of this show.

ab5d8ae14990eb9214cce40cab6de1f1.jpg

The certainty have a lot of talented skaters. DW told me she would never let me swing her in circles with her head inches from the ice, especially after seeing how rusty my ice skating was when we were on the rink.

Thanks for reading. Where does your Eastern take you? We are doing Eastern on Harmony, and the ports are Labadee, San Juan, and Saint Martin.

Same ports, reverse order; St Martin, San Juan & Labadee. It can't come quick enough for us!

Our last night of My Time Dining, so we said “Just take us to our table by the kitchen.” The waiters are especially attentive on the last night, as they remind you that you should rate them all as 10’s in the survey you will receive after the cruise.

I read somewhere that Royal Caribbean considers anything below a 10 as a failing mark. If that is the case, they certainly have a screwed up system. I never rated an employee as a 10, because there is always room for improvement.

Lamb shank was on the menu tonight.

cfb468de594910f6b28c0dfa44f300ee.jpg

And the waiters sang their farewell song.

Day 8 of a 7 day cruise is when they kick you off the ship, by now, you are broke, and they want to make room for new paying customers.

We had a 12:30 flight, so they had given us number 60 tags which would have meant sitting in a lounge until 10:00, waiting to get off the ship. We had decided to do the express walk off with our luggage. This is the only time we use the elevator, since we have a couple of 50 pound bags plus a carryon bag. So at 7:13 am, we head off the ship.

The mobile passport is supposed to help you breeze through customs, so I make the submission and....

e78171c77f70de251dacbe8ede52b982.jpg

I don’t think they have the mobile passport processing set up early for the walk off passengers. I had the same result when we did a walk off in January through terminal 18. It was a very quick departure, and we were through customs, caught a cab, and made it to the airport by 7:45.

The only problem with getting to the airport early is they can’t take your bags that early. We stopped at the airport Starbucks for a couple drinks, and waited till we could check our bags.

Our flight home included a layover in Tampa, before we boarded our flight to Pittsburgh.

After a week of beautiful warm weather, we are back to our normal weather.

148fd985a8163af19e86b201c3eac494.jpg

And the next morning, we wake up to find Mother Nature just wanted to remind us what we missed while we were gone.

e9976eb2ce3b6c5b950ee9902914c7b8.jpg

Well, I finally reached the end of the report. Thanks to everyone who took the time to follow along and comment. I hope you found something useful. We survived the cruise of 2,000+ kids, although we did have to dash out of the way of a couple races on the staircases.

And as for the Never Say Never thing, we would probably book this same cabin again on an Oasis class, but I am not switching from the JS on the Harmony.

Till next time.

• Like 1

Our flight home included a layover in Tampa, before we boarded our flight to Pittsburgh.

After a week of beautiful warm weather, we are back to our normal weather.

148fd985a8163af19e86b201c3eac494.jpg

And the next morning, we wake up to find Mother Nature just wanted to remind us what we missed while we were gone.

e9976eb2ce3b6c5b950ee9902914c7b8.jpg

LOL! I love it!