Bamboo rafting on the great river

SwimDuckieSwim

• 1 month later...

Hello - I'm looking at doing this tour and have a couple of questions.

1 - DH has trouble walking long distances (pain not ability) I'm was thinking this would be a good tour for him is that correct?

2 - How sunny is this tour? DH is also trying to avoid too much sun. Is there much shade provided along the river or are you basically out in the sun in the middle of the river? I'm hoping a hat and a long-sleeved uva shirt would help enough.

TIA!

We've done this before through a private tour. It was a nice, relaxing tour. There was some walking to get to the rafts. Some down steps, and then up some steps after. There is some sun but if you go in the morning it won't be as bad. You will travel though some shaded spots. We bought drinks prior to getting on the raft from the bar. Be prepared that there will be a view vendors on the bank. They will swim out to you if you wish to purchase an item. And at the end our "driver" had some handmade carvings. They were nice and we bought two.

It didn't make us feel it ruined our tour, but rather showed their enginuity to make extra money.