San Basilio to Piazzale Roma

crisp1

We disembark in San Basilio, we're staying at the hotel Olimpia near the Piazzale Roma. I looked into a pre paid taxi and it was 150+ euro. the vaporetto looks like a better ( and much less expensive way ) to get there. Are there other options- if not, how far is the vaporetto from the pier- 2 people with 2 rolling bags and 2 carryons

Thanks

We disembark in San Basilio, we're staying at the hotel Olimpia near the Piazzale Roma. I looked into a pre paid taxi and it was 150+ euro. the vaporetto looks like a better ( and much less expensive way ) to get there. Are there other options- if not, how far is the vaporetto from the pier- 2 people with 2 rolling bags and 2 carryons

Thanks

A taxi should not be that expensive, you're getting hosed. ;)

However, I have done the vaporetto from San Basilio stop to the train station, which is just a little further than Piazzale Roma.

From where the ships dock along the pier, you may have to walk (or there may be a shuttle) to the actual port building where you pick up your luggage. From there it is a short walk and only one very small wooden bridge to get to the vaporetto stop.

It's generally better to have less luggage on the vaporettos; technically you are only supposed to have one bag per person and there is a small storage area in the center. But if your carry-ons aren't too large you'll probably be fine.