Giardini Naxos & Ravenna on Azamara

Grandma Cruising

The highlight of Giardini Naxos for us were the hundreds of Sicilian cannoli that came back on the tender we happened to be on, at the request of the chef.  They were incredibly good, and there were enough that we ate them for days!  They kept appearing in the buffet, in the dining room, and I think a few popped up in the Living Room at tea time.

The mosaics in Ravenna are well worth seeing, and very easy to do with a guide book/brochure/podcast, if you don’t want a human guide to give you extra information.  Ravenna is quite charming, with many handy bars for an Aperol Spritz, and lots of nice restaurants for lunch if you’re not there on a Monday.  We happened to be there on a Monday, and the selection of open restaurants was very small, but we still had a very good lunch.

We were in GN/Taormina  a couple of years ago.  We did "The Godfather Tour" as a private tour to Savoca.  It was amazing!  Of course I'm a big fan of the movies. 

We are on the Venice to Rome cruise in August with stops at Ravenna and Giardini Naxos .  I see Azamara is offering its own Godfather Tour this time.