Looking for HOTS nursery info

When we did Allure a few years back we were able to schedule our nursery times in advance. Is it true that now you have to book once on board? Also, anyone had any luck with them allowing their fully potty trained 2 year old to go with an older sibling to Adventure Ocean?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we did Allure a few years back we were able to schedule our nursery times in advance. Is it true that now you have to book once on board? Also, anyone had any luck with them allowing their fully potty trained 2 year old to go with an older sibling to Adventure Ocean?

No...You can only sign up once onboard (sorry I've never heard of pre-registration available ever on RCI).

Absolutely will not be allowed...regardless....policy enforced by age in the Nursery & Aquanauts....a liability issue....please don't expect any flexibility at all.

Actually they do allow fully potty trained 2 year olds in aquanauts, so they could possibly be together if the older sibling is between 3 and 5.

Fully potty trained, able to communicate and follow instructions and (usually but not always) within 3 months of a 3rd birthday.

However, sometimes they may request you try the nursery first and they'll make the judgement call.

Sometimes they may not due to numbers. A few manager just say no to any age group moves.

If a 2 year old is bumped up, it' only ever a trial. One accident, back to the nursery. Unable to follow instructions, back to the nursery. Parents don't come when asked, back to the nursery.

Don' let people tell you it won' happen, they clearly haven't worked there, but you won' get a definite answer on that one until you actually get onboard and talk to the staff of your exact cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Actually they do allow fully potty trained 2 year olds in aquanauts, so they could possibly be together if the older sibling is between 3 and 5.

Fully potty trained, able to communicate and follow instructions and (usually but not always) within 3 months of a 3rd birthday.

However, sometimes they may request you try the nursery first and they'll make the judgement call.

Sometimes they may not due to numbers. A few manager just say no to any age group moves.

If a 2 year old is bumped up, it' only ever a trial. One accident, back to the nursery. Unable to follow instructions, back to the nursery. Parents don't come when asked, back to the nursery.

Don' let people tell you it won' happen, they clearly haven't worked there, but you won' get a definite answer on that one until you actually get onboard and talk to the staff of your exact cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Do you have personal experience with this? When and what ship?

Absolutely. Why would I even get the idea to make this up and go to the effort of posting It? Haha.

Youth Staff since 2014.

Many different ships.

So you're actually posting that the age policy onboard RCI for their Aquanauts program and the liability issue can be disregarded by staff....very interesting comment.

So you're actually posting that the age policy onboard RCI for their Aquanauts program and the liability issue can be disregarded by staff....very interesting comment.

I find it really difficult to accept.

I absolutely do also....Perhaps there is some flexibility with Adventure Ocean and older aged groups cross-over's ...but not in this very young age group. There's been recent discussion on this board about this very subject.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the info!

I absolutely do also....Perhaps there is some flexibility with Adventure Ocean and older aged groups cross-over's ...but not in this very young age group. There's been recent discussion on this board about this very subject.

I have heard of this before but it’s been years ago. That is why I asked. Also, when we cruised Allure 2012 with our then 8 month old we did plan ahead for our nursery times. And booked them in advance. Also why I asked when I couldn’t find it on the pre-cruise planner.

Who said policy was being disregarded? Maybe the policy allows for some descretion within a certain age range? Do we know the exact internal policy?

I can tell you from experience rci can make exceptions on publicly stated guidelines.

I have heard of this before but it’s been years ago. That is why I asked. Also, when we cruised Allure 2012 with our then 8 month old we did plan ahead for our nursery times. And booked them in advance. Also why I asked when I couldn’t find it on the pre-cruise planner.

We have never been able to pre-book Nursery hours before boarding....Once onboard then yes of course. First time using the RB&T Nursery option was in 2014. This may have been different in 2012...but it has certainly changed since then.

Who said policy was being disregarded? Maybe the policy allows for some descretion within a certain age range? Do we know the exact internal policy?

I can tell you from experience rci can make exceptions on publicly stated guidelines.

Another poster said age policy (flexible) . I would be surprised that it can be between 6-36 months (RB&T Nursery) and Aquanauts 3-5 year old. Some have posted that age for the older groups can maybe be flexible (and yes we all know about RCI applying policy)..but more than likely a distinct liability with cross-over with the two younger age groups may exist.

Yeah, you got me. I just troll and give incorrect information to ruin people's vacations :rolleyes:

How many years have you worked at RCI?

I work there. I bump up 2 years olds on an almost cruisly basis! Parents ask and have to fill out and sign an adventure ocean registration form. They give their full consent: There is no liability. We don't just whack 2 year olds into AO without their parents knowledge.....

You don't have to believe me. Doesn't mean it's not true.