Cancel Carnival trip insurance - asking for a friend!

luckybecky

Hi if u don't mind I'm just wondering who u found the insurance with, I'm still on the fence with companies. Thank u in advance.

Stephlauryn, try insure my trip dot com. It lets you compare different companies. It is cheaper than the insurance sold through the cruise lines and has better coverage in my experience.

I find this interesting because if you put insurance on the booking at the time of booking you have to pay for the insurance along with the deposit. You can add it up to 7 days after making final payment, but can't take it off once it is paid for.
We booked our upcoming cruise in March of last year and added Carnival’s insurance at the time of booking. We did not have to pay for it at that time, just the deposit. And it gave us the option to cancel it in our Cruise Manager for several months after booking (probably longer, stopped paying attention).

I too have never known Carnival to automatically add trip insurance but even if they did it is not that much for one person. On the cruise I recently booked the Carnival insurance for my family of 3 was $150.00 while the insurance I purchased was $115.00. It non-Carnival insurance is a little better but again for one person it is not significantly different.

I too have never known Carnival to automatically add trip insurance but even if they did it is not that much for one person. On the cruise I recently booked the Carnival insurance for my family of 3 was $150.00 while the insurance I purchased was $115.00. It non-Carnival insurance is a little better but again for one person it is not significantly different.

Wow you got a good price! $150 for all three of you is just $50 per person. In our case the Carnival insurance was $119 per person, approaching $500 for our family of four. The insurance we purchased through insure my trip was $274 for all four or us, a significant savings in our case. And the coverage is better. Of course the cost depends on where you are going and for how long. What works for us may not work for others. I will make sure to watch out for it in the future though, in case it is automatically added again.