HOS Western Caribbean Port or Starboard?

We will soon make reservations for a cruise of HOS Western Caribbean out of Port Canaveral for the summer of '19. . Some of the children will be on their first cruise.

Which will be best for them to see the most--port or starboard? How are the balcony cabins on Deck 8? That seems like a good location for 10 year olds and teens.:D

We will soon make reservations for a cruise of HOS Western Caribbean out of Port Canaveral for the summer of '19. . Some of the children will be on their first cruise.

Which will be best for them to see the most--port or starboard? How are the balcony cabins on Deck 8? That seems like a good location for 10 year olds and teens.:D

I made the mistake on Symphony booking my room on the Left (Port) and the way the ship is designed (because of the escalators) she will dock 99% of the time on the Starboard.

As far as booking on Deck 8... On the Oasis class I will only book on Deck 8 because of Central Park. It is a great way to transit the ship without walking through a stateroom hallway. I always stop at the Trellis bar before heading to the MDR and my wife stops at Vintages.

Not mention... On days in port, Central Park makes a good quick breakfast spot without the congestion of Windjammer.

We always book starboard side. After 26 cruises, we would probably get lost if our cabin was on port side!

We usually book deck 8 for the reasons outlined by a previous poster. If we cannot get deck 8 then we go for deck 11. If you can, snag a cabin that is close to the aft elevators (also known as midship elevators) It can be a long walk up or down the hallway if you are too far removed from those elevator banks.