Fort Lauderdale embarkation

princess12

I suppose you would take some kind of transportation to the pier ?

First you would need to pass a check point, and photo IDs are asked if you are in private car or just a cab. They dont ask for all photo IDs if you are in a shuttle van, such as a courtesy van from rental car companies.

All professional drivers know where to find the berth you ship docks alongside. Otherwise, there are signs direct private car drivers, and you can also ask direction at the check point.

We leave for our cruise in less than 2 weeks. We've cruised before but I don't remember the FLL pier having a sign that says where to board the Caribbean Princess. Is there a specific gate number or something I should look for?

Will you be driving? The officials at the gate to the port will direct you to the pier and parking garage. If you are coming in by cab or bus, the drivers will know where to take you. No matter how you enter the port, you will need to show ID (passport, license or birth certificate) and tickets when you enter, so have them handy.

If all else fails, it's impossible to miss Caribbean Princess at the pier in FLL. It's the enormous white structure at Berth 2. :)

As everyone has said, the gate attendant will either tell you where to proceed in your own car or, if you have a driver, they will be familiar with the drop-off.

Archived