Heads up folks - there's a WOW sale going on!

I stand corrected a little. Our price went down over 600, not 800 like I thought But,we still got the extra $125 obc and saved over 600! I was WOWed. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Always great to realize more savings.

Did you have to switch to a non-refundable deposit to get the obc?

I just checked and a cruise I was looking at yesterday is now several hundred dollars MORE expensive during the WOW "sale."

I am WOWed more and more every time RC has this promotion. :')

I generally agree - the sales are usually a shuffling of the deck and prices remain about 5% either direction of the same price. But this sale worked for me in a big way.

Bermuda out of Boston this October on Serenade had a Kid's Sail Free component - that saved me about $500 - had I booked it first thing in the morning when I first noticed it, I might have saved a further $150. Given the total bill was $15XX for three on a seven night cruise - $500-$650 savings is nothing to sneeze at.

We all bemoan the sales - but EVERY thread like this, someone swears they got a deal. This thread - that person is me!

The deals may be few and far between - but you have to try - someday your number may get called.

I generally agree - the sales are usually a shuffling of the deck and prices remain about 5% either direction of the same price. But this sale worked for me in a big way.

Bermuda out of Boston this October on Serenade had a Kid's Sail Free component - that saved me about $500 - had I booked it first thing in the morning when I first noticed it, I might have saved a further $150. Given the total bill was $15XX for three on a seven night cruise - $500-$650 savings is nothing to sneeze at.

We all bemoan the sales - but EVERY thread like this, someone swears they got a deal. This thread - that person is me!

The deals may be few and far between - but you have to try - someday your number may get called.

And me! 8 night Bahamas out of NJ. I was happy to save! Have a great cruise!

You do the same - if you are on the Anthem - I envy that. Great ship = even for a Texan and all the effort it takes to get there! :)
Haha. Originally we were for this October. I switched to a summer cruise on Adventure. Didn't want to sail out of NJ in Oct. weather. Brr...Anthem looked great though.

For our next cruise this August that I have been tracking since this January (on the Oasis but I also track the Allure cruise over the same week), the best price I have seen for both ships was towards the end of February when a whole bunch of inside, OV, neighborhood balcony and JS GUAR fares started showing up, maybe over a period of 5 to 7 days. I saw a price so low that I had to call my TA on a Sunday and make them work to secure the price. That particular fare stayed for one more day on Monday and then went up on Tuesday. It has never gone back to that level since then and lately fares of all cabin types just keep going up, GUAR or not. My lessons learned here is that I don't really care about what promo they are calling it (BOGOHO, WOW or 30% off) ... just keep monitoring frequently and look at the final price + OBC.

You are absolutely correct! Just decided to book Symphony sailing around this past February for about 1 year out (Jan 2019). There was a sale where everyone in room was 30% off. Two balcony staterooms.

I signed up price drop alerts on a major TA’s website. A few days later got price drop email and called Royal directly (had not transferred booking to my TA yet). There was some other promo that the agent found and added that decreased total price of both rooms by $1400.

Since then have received many “price increased” emails. With the new prices that have gone steadily up and even with Kids Sail Free & 50% off 2nd guest promo, our total for both rooms has increased $2500! I think we booked at the right time and are very happy with what we paid for both staterooms now.

I think the sales are more geared for new bookings than for those of us who already booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk