Heads up folks - there's a WOW sale going on!

We've been watching a cruise since the middle of April, it's increased a total of $300 in three weeks. Most recently with this WOW sale being a $100 increase. Really hoping it makes its way back down a little, it's still over a year away and we're hoping to book sometime this month.

I just saved a whopping $9 on an August sailing on the Majesty to Cuba and Cozumel, but also will get $50 OBC that wasn't available when we booked a little over a month ago. I was also considering another cruise that leaves later in August, but that one went up!

We've been watching a cruise since the middle of April, it's increased a total of $300 in three weeks. Most recently with this WOW sale being a $100 increase. Really hoping it makes its way back down a little, it's still over a year away and we're hoping to book sometime this month.

I watching prices for 5 different cruises, that I may book on my cruise this week. Every one of them went up $100 with this sale. I guess that's to cover the $100 OBC they are giving.

Ditto. The cruise lines rely on the ignorance of NON CC'ers to pay the insane prices. My cruise has doubled in price.

the Wow part of the sale is for the people who already booked. WOW! I can't believe how much the cruise is now.

What i can’t understand is how they feel it’s justified to change the prices for passenger 1 and 2 based on if you add a kid.

When i reprice our upcoming cruise for two adults it shows a base fare of $2067 for ea adult but if i add a kid to the same room the adults go up to $2670 ea.

It’s flat out false advertising at this point.

The kid sails free but you get charged more. It's just like when they advertise book a balcony for the price of an ocean view. All they do is bump the price of the ocean view to match the price of the balcony. These deals happen all of the time on other lines as well. They bank on the fact that most people won't check to see how much it would be for the first two passengers without a child. On Princess it was actually a lot cheaper to book 2 rooms than to cram all 4 of us in one.

Do they have reduced deposit like they used to do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I usually book when my TA offers reduced deposits meaning they pay half of it up front and i pay it back by a certain date. It doesn't save money but allows me to book a cruise when I otherwise might not have been able.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Forums mobile app

It’s worse than Macy’s.

True. I wished they would get sued like Macy's and some other stores. Something tells me they some how get around it.

"JCPenney and Kohl's were previously sued in class actions over deceptive pricing and settled respectively for $50 million and $6.5 million."

Ditto. The cruise lines rely on the ignorance of NON CC'ers to pay the insane prices. My cruise has doubled in price.

This is what they are counting on.

The sales aren't always beneficial but a few months back I called and had our Southern Caribbean Freedom cruise in June repriced and saved $1,200. Just depends on the sailing and the timing of when you look.

I thought it was interesting though that when we were looking at excursions this past Sunday the sale said "25% off excursions all week" and when I purchased a few of them today the countdown clock now shows 36 hours left in the sale. Not quite "all week".

I tried to book a few excursions during this promo and (1) the price was inflated based on last week’s prices and (2) for the life of me I couldn’t figure out how to get the 25% discount :confused:

I just checked and a cruise I was looking at yesterday is now several hundred dollars MORE expensive during the WOW "sale."

I am WOWed more and more every time RC has this promotion. :')

You bet! I am WOWED too at the higher price!

Is there a time that is generally better for booking?

January/February and booking 10+ months out has worked well for me.

While Royal doesn't do a whole lot of "last minute" deals, you can usually get a pretty cheap fare on a Caribbean cruise if you book 90-30 days out and are willing to take a GTY room. Obviously this isn't feasible for a lot of folks that have to worry about airfare but for those of us that live in Florida near the ports, it's a good way to score a deal if your schedule allows the flexibility.

These are just my experiences though, others may have different.

If my cruise is paid in full and this WOW sale is showing onboard credit with a new booking would RCL give me the onboard credit now? Originally there was none offered when I booked. Cruise is in July. Just curious if it is worth the call :)

Thanks!

If my cruise is paid in full and this WOW sale is showing onboard credit with a new booking would RCL give me the onboard credit now? Originally there was none offered when I booked. Cruise is in July. Just curious if it is worth the call :)

Thanks!

If your cruise is past final payment date, any changes would incur a penalty that would likely exceed any additional OBC you would get.

How can we tell if price of a cruise before final payment has gone down if the catergory that we picked shows as sold out? Do we just call royal at this time and ask? Is it the cruise fare price or total with taxes that we would be looking at.