Carnival Vista Port of Call Location

miss_rach

On the Vista and get into port 7/17/2018 I can't seem to figure out if we dock down in the SE in La Romana or up on the N-NW part of the Island at Amber Cove. I seen an article that says Port of Amber Cove

Amber Cove is an $85 million port in the Dominican Republic developed for cruise passengers by Carnival Corporation.

Just trying to figure out where we port as there is a big difference in port locations and what we plan to do.

Cheers!

All Carnival ships should be docking at Amber Cove. The one thing to note is that private tours cannot pick you up at the dock at Amber Cove, you have to walk through the port and into town (about 15 mins they tell me)

The two ports are about 7 hours apart, so totally different set of tours and operators.

I didn't think the Vista was doing that route, but you are correct. All of the northern sailings that used to go to Punta Cana(?) are now going to Amber Cove unless no berths available as far as I know..

Either way, it should say specifically La Romana, Amber Cover, etc on your itinerary.

If you are doing the 8-day itinerary going to Curacao and Aruba, you will be porting at LaRomana on the southside of the island. Amber Cove is on the northside of the island.