My Time Dining and a Party of 12

I'm part of a family group of 12 people on the Dec. 21 Anthem sailing. Some in my group are suggesting My Time Dining. I've cruised RCL 7 or 8 times, but always in a group of 6 or fewer people and always at the late seating--the way I like it!

I can't recall if the largest tables in Main Dining Room are for 10 or for 12 people. Assuming they have tables for 12, I'd prefer the late dining. I'm worried that with MTD, it will be difficult for us to just show up and get a table for 12 without a long wait. Or perhaps, they'd just split us up into two tables or seat us with other folks at tables for 10--which wouldn't be too bad, but I'd prefer us to all be at the same table. Would this work if I tried to make MTD reservations for a specific time each night? (Sorry for all of the questions.)

In all our past cruises, we've just done the late seating--which I much prefer). Let me know any tips/pros/cons/strategies. Thanks!!!

With a group that large, I'd either go with fixed (traditional) dining if you all want to eat at the same time, or My Time if you are going to split up into smaller groups.

Although Anthem has ditched dynamic dinning, I assume that the dinning rooms still exist. Working on that assumption, it is a different set up to other classes of ships.

I remember seeing large tables which would accommodate 12. I would visit pre-book slots based on availability of these large tables.

When we sailed on Anthem, we had a group of 7 and were easily accommodated. This was during dynamic dinning days and we did book our slots.

You can make reservations with MTD...and with a large group, you almost need to. I would nix the MTD idea and go with traditional seating, so that you KNOW your table will be waiting on your group.,..and everyone in that group will know what time dinner is nightly. Unless, of course, everyone is "going their own way", and folks want to eat when they want to eat....so you probably wouldn't need a large table in that case....

We had success with MTD with a party of ten. We’re normally early eaters, so we made reservations for either 5:30 or 5:45 almost every day. But one day, we knew we’d be on a long excursion that wouldn’t get back until 6. We just made reservations for 7:45. Again, no problem.

The only problem we had. That first night, boarding and sailing were delayed, so muster and the fixed dinings were delayed. Either muster at 5:15, we really had to hurry to make our 5:45 MTD reservations.

To the OP. Have fun. Extended family cruises are the best. And especially over Christmas.