Butterfly farm

travsmom

I will be on a cruise to Saint Maarten in May of this year and I was wondering if there is a Butterfly Farm there. If there is one,has anyone been to it recently and is it worth going to. I walk with a cane and I am wondering also is it easy to walk through.Do they have places to sit down and rest? How far is it from where the ship docks? Thank you for any information.

There is. We went there 2 years ago. The kids loved it. Would recommend. I don't recall exactly how far it was, but did rent a car and drove up there. Stopped at a local place for some lunch on the way back. Excellent hospitality and food.

The ButterflyFarm was destroyed last September by Hurricane Irma. It has not reopened nor is it in the process of reopening as of this time.

Oh no! We went there a few years ago....those poor butterflies [emoji853]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ButterflyFarm was destroyed last September by Hurricane Irma. It has not reopened nor is it in the process of reopening as of this time.
That's so incredibly sad to hear. I was really looking forward to seeing it. Oddly, Royal Caribbean is still selling the Butterfly Farm shore excursion for later this fall. I wonder if they think it will be operating again by then. That might be too optimistic given the news above...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
That's so incredibly sad to hear. I was really looking forward to seeing it. Oddly, Royal Caribbean is still selling the Butterfly Farm shore excursion for later this fall. I wonder if they think it will be operating again by then. That might be too optimistic given the news above...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We were at the Butterfly Farm in 2017. I loved it ,so sad that it was destroyed.