Willdra’s Hyperactive Carnival Horizon April 15-22 Cruise

willdra

After the ride around town, we were taken to the square and given an hour and a half to shop. W and I walked around taking pictures. We walked up a hill and found some beautiful views of the port, after we stopped to catch our breath, and made sure that we didn't just throw ourselves into cardiac arrest. It warmed up substantially (that happens when you are of a certain age, and you climb a big hill) and we were glad to shed the jackets. When we had all of the pictures that we wanted, we found a shortcut down. Now why couldn't we find the shortcut going up? Must we always hustle in reverse?? Asking for a friend.

26948201127_e5c417637d_z.jpg

27947867448_9cf2e899c8_z.jpg

41815784381_8f0b89a5b7_z.jpg

26948196447_7983b4f9d7_z.jpg

41727229691_c195989c80_z.jpg

27947867238_51968bfe7d_z.jpg

39922707700_654fdfaa77_z.jpg

39922707710_cbd1a52515_z.jpg

I wanted (needed) wine and limoncello, and it just so happened that we were in Italy, so it was very easy to find. We went into a nice market in the square. W just HAD to use the self-checkout to buy my wine and his coke. It was crazy to be able to use the self-checkout for wine and no one questioned you. They didn’t even look at us. At home, they always have to come over and enter in my birthday, even tho they can tell I've passed 21 a couple of times.

We wandered around aimlessly after that. We weren't really hungry and I couldn't decide on a cocktail at first. I finally ordered a drink at a little café around 15 minutes before the meet up time. The waitress didn't bring it before time for us to leave. We saw the tour bus coming, and we ran up to hop on. I knew I was pushing it, but I didn't think that it would take longer than 15 minutes to just get 1 drink. I was wrong. We could see the port from where we were, and it wasn't far at all. I don’t think an excursion was mandatory here. I will find out for sure later when I ask A and Z how everything turned out for them.

41774154372_847af0564a_z.jpg

41774154562_1a042bd4a0_z.jpg

41774154382_4c85d8b370_z.jpg

We were back on board by 1. There’s a little shop that you walk thru as you enter the port, but we didn't stop to buy anything. Just as I suspected, there was no liquor collection when we went through security. I wish this was normal procedure on every cruise. I could get used to this! I decided I wanted Cucina del Capitano for lunch, so I went that way. W wanted Mongolian Wok so he went there. It was nice and cool in the Cucina, and I love the view from up there, so I stayed and ate there. They took my order form almost as soon as I sat down, and my bread and drink came out quickly afterwards. The lemonade I ordered was so good. I was thirsty because I really hadn't been drinking my usual 8-10 glasses of water a day. The only water that I loved on the ship was the water at dinner. All of the other water that I had was Friend Zone water. It’s so hard for me to drink water that I don’t love. #firstworldproblems

For my lunch, I ordered the farfalle with garlic shrimp, butter sauce, spinach, and broccoli. It was spectacular!

40008853090_ba8de8ed40_z.jpg

27947861478_259603002d_z.jpg

41099245764_04b94cf572_z.jpg

41815767221_baa4b20ab3_z.jpg

41099245594_86efc8e938_z.jpg

The ship was still fairly empty at that time, so I took the opportunity to take a few ship pictures. I’m sure I'd taken 3000 pictures by then, but there was so much to love about our ports and the ship! I walked around Decks 4, 5, 10, 15, and 12.

41815767801_4b14b62b5f_z.jpg

40917602165_050425c148_z.jpg

40917576185_6bf9db5b7f_z.jpg

41774148032_09c04bb954_z.jpg

41815762521_ef0f718f2a_z.jpg

40008846270_7a6faf1e84_z.jpg

I finished at the perfect time to take a short nap before the Diamond/Platinum Party. When I got back to the cabin, W had already slipped into his slumber. I slid in and took a much needed, but not nearly long enough nap.

The past guest party was held in the Limelight Lounge. It was a smallish crowd, and I was surprised. I expected more people. Way more. The servers came around a lot with food and drink. W usually orders a Blue Moon, but he was satisfied with the beer selection this time, and I also think he just forgot about it. This cruise was abnormal in so many ways. We didn't stick to our regular script at all, and that was a good thing. Even this party was different cuz it was held on a Tuesday.

As we were eating and drinking, we ran into this guy.

40008796720_a7871d05d7_z.jpg

40008799870_b36e3b0d31_z.jpg

40917560395_fba083b88d_z.jpg

41815723591_2173e631a5_z.jpg

41099185394_8a6583b3c6_z.jpg

• Like 1

It was cool to have John Heald at our party. He was very nice, and I loved the speech that he gave. We sailed with him a long time ago when he was still a Cruise Director, and we've liked him ever since. I hope I didn't frighten him when I jumped up and asked (told) him to take a picture with me. Either way, he was very gracious. Sometime during the party, Mike said we should drink all of the drinks because there were sober people in England. We took that as a challenge. The drinks were overflowing and they kept telling us to take and drink everything. So we did. We watched the promo film and clapped for our ships. Horizon wasn't even on the list yet, and that was kinda neat.

This was the best Past Guest Party that we've ever been to. Just so many feels. Maybe it was the fact that it was not crowded, but it felt like we had very attentive service. Ms. Energie was performing and she was great. We left with both hands full of alcohol, which is the best way to exit. We sent messages to the kids telling them to come thru to get some. They never answered. We ended up taking the drinks to dinner. That's another thing that is off about this cruise. When we sail with the MTG group, we don’t spend as much time with A and Z. They spread their time between us and their friends, which is nice. It makes the times that we do hang out with them even better. We still have lots of Willdra time too.

It was time for dinner shortly after the party. This 6 o'clock seating keeps sneaking up on us! For my meal, I tried the Port of Call appetizer Malloreddus, and entrée Pignatade Pecora. Both of them were fantastic. I had the Chocolate Tres Leche and Butter Pecan Ice Cream for dessert. The young people did a table switch that night, so A and Z along with their friend K, sat with us. They said that they had an amazing time in Cagliari, and the restaurant that they went to was a winner. Their shuttle rides were good too. I heard that later on, the line backed up because there weren't enough buses, and it took hours for peeps to get back. I would've been as hot as fish grease if that happened to us.

41730081701_c591f98268_z.jpg

26861991387_899881826b_z.jpg

41730081981_6e831f538c_z.jpg

41012622734_a0e7f43985_z.jpg

26945849487_2cf9c3dafb_z.jpg

41815719281_b5399e7905_z.jpg

It was fun catching up on everyone's day at dinner. AC and V went on a different excursion that they enjoyed also. After we ate everything that was edible, the guys went to play manly games of skill and strength, while the women went to the Alchemy Bar. To drink cute drinks. Theodora and Anna Maria were marvelous again. I had a Curative Peach Cosmo, which may be my new go to drink at Alchemy. We stayed there chatting until around 10:10 then AC and I went to the iMax to see Rampage. It was a good late night activity, since the men were still playing cards, and we had no interest in seeing the Comedy Show. After the movie, we were wiped out so we went back to our cabins. W had ordered Room Service, but there was nothing left but the tray and some raggedy napkins when I got there. I’m guessing whatever he had was good. We had to turn in shortly after I got back, because the next day was an early one.

41730126211_f8e3c0727d_z.jpg

41097075314_1f53b2375b_z.jpg

41771807132_c8cdc21f78_z.jpg

41771806682_c569131220_z.jpg

Before I fell asleep, I sent up a prayer to God for the life and limbs of the crew member who delivered W's Room Service food. The way that tray was barren looking, and the napkins were shredded, caused me to be concerned about the possibility of that poor innocent person losing a finger or an elbow, had they held on to that tray a split second too long. I prayed that they did not draw back a nub, and that no blood was shed in 1209, cuz they took too long to hand over some hot wings and fries. Let the church say amen! #Godcares

• Haha 1

I'm not sure how you mix up those orders either, but the Spicy Chipotle is my second-favorite Carnival drink, right behind the Fun Ship Special. I haven't yet started a cruise without one... or two... or, one time, three... Fun Ship Specials.;)

I'm enjoying your review. We sailed Vista in the Med two years ago, and I'm still mad at myself that we didn't spend time in Barcelona after the cruise.

Thank you for reading along [emoji3]!Barcelona was beautiful, and hey you’ve got a great reason to go back! [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely loving your review, especially as we were on this cruise too! :D

The only downside of reading someone else's review, is seeing things we missed along the way. I completely forgot that, as there was only one sea day, it would be our only chance to catch Tea Time in the MDR. The Motown Trivia with Mike sounds fab too (we were at dinner then). We love Mike Pack :hearteyes: cruised with him last year on Breeze during Hurricane Harvey - wow that man never slept!

Thank you so much for sharing and looking forward to the rest :)

So awesome that you were there too! We missed tons of stuff that we would’ve normally done. There just wasn’t enuff time! Please feel free to add your insights. The more the merrier! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

I love your review! It's so funny and detailed and your pictures are great. We're sailing on the Horizon in just over a month so I'm simultaneously reading this one and your Vista review to prepare.

Wow I’m so jealous that you’re about to sail on that beautiful ship! It is everything, and you’re gonna adore it![emoji7]

Yay, another Wildra review!

My son plays Magic The Gathering with some friends, but I haven't really explored it yet.

Great pictures, great writing - can't wait to read the rest!

Thank you! [emoji7] I’m still a little shocked that people know about Magic the Gathering! When Z first told us about it, we were lost for real. [emoji38]

All of these pics remind me of a ship cabin.

Enjoying the review!

You know what, you’re right! I didn’t really look at them all together. I wonder if that theme was intentional. [emoji854][emoji854]