can my wife go topless on the Golden?

rabidewok

No big deal if she cant. She just doesnt like tan lines:) And she took advantage of the top optional deck on the Carnival Paradise. Basically on sea days the top optional deck was the only place to find any chairs to lay in anyways. We will be on the Golden during spring break.

Alas, Princess ships do not have areas set aside for topless sunning. I've never seen it myself, but I understand ladies who partake are often politely asked to cease. (Might be more tolerated on European cruises.)

Another option is to take advantage of a balcony if you have one, but she'll still be "exposed" to more than just her sister tanners.

Alas, Princess ships do not have areas set aside for topless sunning. I've never seen it myself, but I understand ladies who partake are often politely asked to cease. (Might be more tolerated on European cruises.)

Another option is to take advantage of a balcony if you have one, but she'll still be "exposed" to more than just her sister tanners.

We have seen it twice on the Grand Princess. Both times the women were on the upper decks on deck chairs away frpm the pools. They were not asked to cease. She should probably try to stay away from kids.

If you are going to St Martin, go over to Orient Beach and she will have no problem at all. Nudity is not only "allowed", clothes are frowned upon. No one stares...no one cares. It is a fun place to spend the day.

of course she would never do it around kids or young adults! It seems that for princess cruise lines this is not the norm and if they dont have a designated area for this type of thing she wont do it. No problems mon:) Just asking.

of course she would never do it around kids or young adults! It seems that for princess cruise lines this is not the norm and if they dont have a designated area for this type of thing she wont do it. No problems mon:) Just asking.

While it's not designated, it's also not frowned upon. The crew knows about it, and feel that there are enough Europeans onboard to allow it to continue.

We just returned from the Caribbean Princess over Christmas, and there were 3-4 "regulars" that went topless for the whole week, while @ sea and in port. They used the upper most deck, 2 up from Lido. I'm not sure if the deck has an actual name, but if you view the webcam of the Caribbean, it's the deck flanked by the 2 satellite domes, and with the Caribbean Princess name and logo banners around the railing (which, I'm sure, is why the banners are there). I'm sure the Golden has a similar deck.

Enjoy! :)

No big deal if she cant. She just doesnt like tan lines:) And she took advantage of the top optional deck on the Carnival Paradise. Basically on sea days the top optional deck was the only place to find any chairs to lay in anyways. We will be on the Golden during spring break.

I hope not.

While Princess does not have a designated area to sun topless, I have heard their is an area that the entertainers use for this purpose. Since I have never been able to find it, I use our balcony. I did see one lady on our last Golden cruise topless though (along the walkway leading to the pool). I doubt she would have any problems if she wants to sun topless.

I can't resist...

I find it interesting that you, her husband is asking this question "for her";)

My wife doesnt get into message boards and research like i do. She asks me the questions and I find out. Basically she likes me to figure out what to see and what to do ahead of time by frequenting the various boards on the net.

Its not an issue I was just asking. If there isnt a designated area I doubt she will feel comfortable enough. We will see I guess. We will be on the March 11, cruise from San Juan on the Golden. I hope to see some of you guys there.

And it's a good guestion. It is not easy to go topless on any cruise unless you can find a safe spot that will not offend anyone. Places in Domicain Repulic, Cuba , St Marteen, places on the Mayan Coast are all places where nobody cares. So I go with "when in Rome be a Roman". But as for around the pool I have not seen too many topless ladies. Now to say that I have seen a few men that should put their shirt back on! :) Long story short. Onetime in the Bahama's we were at a family beach. There was a group of 4 girls that were very nice looking. And for some reason they knew it. All cruise they were making it known that they were having a good time. Read into that what you like!!;) We get to the beach and find a nice place to lounge. They find a place out by the point where there is not too much traffic. And processed to remove clothing. About 25 yards from us( And no I didn't measure , guess just a quess) A few hours into this adventure and a couple of umbrella drinks.Ok a few drinks. One girl decides to run down the beach while another was trying to take her picture. Did I mention that they were topless? Cool for those of us that were in the front row . What? It was all clean fun. Anyways I took a picture and gave it too the crew. I sure was the guy to be with at the bar, after that if you know what I mean. The guys on the crew went a little nutty!! They had it blown up by their pals in the Photo Lab. I will tell that other half of the story some other time if anyone wants to hear it? Did anyone say manmade?

And it's a good guestion. It is not easy to go topless on any cruise unless you can find a safe spot that will not offend anyone. Places in Domicain Repulic, Cuba , St Marteen, places on the Mayan Coast are all places where nobody cares. So I go with "when in Rome be a Roman". But as for around the pool I have not seen too many topless ladies. Now to say that I have seen a few men that should put their shirt back on! :) Long story short. Onetime in the Bahama's we were at a family beach. There was a group of 4 girls that were very nice looking. And for some reason they knew it. All cruise they were making it known that they were having a good time. Read into that what you like!!;) We get to the beach and find a nice place to lounge. They find a place out by the point where there is not too much traffic. And processed to remove clothing. About 25 yards from us( And no I didn't measure , guess just a quess) A few hours into this adventure and a couple of umbrella drinks.Ok a few drinks. One girl decides to run down the beach while another was trying to take her picture. Did I mention that they were topless? Cool for those of us that were in the front row . What? It was all clean fun. Anyways I took a picture and gave it too the crew. I sure was the guy to be with at the bar, after that if you know what I mean. The guys on the crew went a little nutty!! They had it blown up by their pals in the Photo Lab. I will tell that other half of the story some other time if anyone wants to hear it? Did anyone say manmade?

Good to know that the crew and the photo lab guys were such team players...;)

We will be on the March 11, cruise from San Juan on the Golden. I hope to see some of you guys there.

Please come and join our roll call for this cruise! We have a nice chatty group.

Also, we've been to Princess Cays a number of times and have seen plenty of topless sunbathers there. Whatever floats your boat!

Pam

Archived