Disembarkation in Miami off the Vista

metro211

hi all,

We are cruising on the Vista on the July 14th cruise. And flying home out of Fort Lauderdale. Wondering how disembarkation is, and can we request to disembark in time to get a 10am shuttle, or does the cruise line control the time you get off the ship? Right now we have a shuttle booked for 11am, but as we are on an international flight I am concerned we might not have enough time at the airport to get through security etc. Thanks for any help you can give me.

You should have no problem making a 10am shuttle, most people get off the ship much earlier than that, FLL is about 40 minutes from the port. An 11am shuttle would be unnecessary, at that point you will have people boarding for the next cruise.

If you are one of the first ones off as self-assist, then can happen very quick. We got held up by those folks and not enough CBP folks to wave us through (+45 minutes on ship). Plus, at least one piece of our luggage has ended up on another carousel than its supposed to. Takes me 10 - 15 minutes to track it down.

We still managed to make it to the airport by 9:15 and were checked in sitting at the gate by 9:45.

hi all,

We are cruising on the Vista on the July 14th cruise. And flying home out of Fort Lauderdale. Wondering how disembarkation is, and can we request to disembark in time to get a 10am shuttle, or does the cruise line control the time you get off the ship? Right now we have a shuttle booked for 11am, but as we are on an international flight I am concerned we might not have enough time at the airport to get through security etc. Thanks for any help you can give me.

You can request .

We were on the Vista last May and has the EASIEST debarkation in all of our cruises. We were off the ship by 7:30. I'm hoping for the same luck in 2 weeks on the Glory.

I got off the Glory one month ago and did self assist from Platinum lounge and was waiting for uber at 7:20 am

If you are one of the first ones off as self-assist, then can happen very quick. We got held up by those folks and not enough CBP folks to wave us through (+45 minutes on ship). Plus, at least one piece of our luggage has ended up on another carousel than its supposed to. Takes me 10 - 15 minutes to track it down.

We still managed to make it to the airport by 9:15 and were checked in sitting at the gate by 9:45.

Totally agree, Miami is short on border agents, and if you're not in the first group off, you'll be waiting in a line on the ship like we were with the Glory a few weeks back!

We walked off this morning in less than 10 minutes with our luggage. It was the easiest I've ever left a ship

It is if you're in the first groups off the ship, once the lines back up, because of not enough agents, they stop the lines leaving the ship!