Dining time switch

We just booked the Rhapsody on Jan 22nd. There will be 10 of us in all, two families, four parents, one teen, three tweens and two four year olds. We could only get the late dining and that just won't cut it. EVERYONE will be misserable if those four year olds have to wait until that late to eat. What are the chances of us getting it switched to the earlier seating...do people really change their minds?

go to the maiterde <----- horrid spelling as soon as you get on the boat and tell him your perdiciment... if there is a way to switch you he will try and it is on a first come first served basis.

Usually first seating is filled up first cause of it seems to be the preferred seating for families, and some senior citizens..

You might want to see if you can get on a waitlist for early dining though not sure if it still exists. When our children were younger our TA would waitlist us and usually we got our desired time before we left home.

We have also had luck heading to the dining room ASAP upon boarding or depending on the cruiseline they might have a room set up to change dining times-Carnival did and we had no problem changing plus they even searched the tables for a "good fit" as far as table mates.

AND if none of this works, don't give up-ask the first night at dinner. Funny story-once we were at a table that HAD to be an afterthought. They had TWO tables set up in an area that seemed to be dead space next to the door to the kitchen and our family of 4 were at one of them. Waiter and Assistant Waiter were pleasant enough but told us it was their first TEST. They were fine and very attentive BUT I hated being in the corner so when the Head Waiter came around and asked how everything was, much to my family's dismay I said, fine but this table sucks! He was very concerned and asked if we would prefer the table to be round or what shape???? I explained it wasn't the shape but the location and he said he would see what he could do. Family doubted anything and felt I had embarassed us for nothing. Before the end of the meal, the Head Waiter returned and asked me to come meet our new tablemates-a family with a daughter the same age as ours who became best friends. We were usually the last ones to leave as we had so much in common and it was a great move. Sorry to be long winded but don't give up-keep asking!

Good luck!

With the new enhancements to the web site, we were able to change our own dinner seating from Early to Late for our June 11th sailing on the Rhapsody. When we pulled up the details of this booking it indicated no wait lists and allowed me to change with a click of a button. It was that easy.

With a large group, either everyone has to change, or better to let the Travel Agent take care of it to allow you all to still be seated together.

There is normally a wait list for Late Seating not the Main or Early Seating so you should be OK.

If they won't let you have early dining, let the kids do their thing and I imagine they'll find room to squeeze you in somewhere.

Years ago when my grown children were young, an airline which is now out of business put my family in separate seats all over an airplane. This was a cross country trip and it wasn't a last minute booking. I thought my 9 year old could sit by himself, but not my 5 year old, so I asked the business man sitting next to him if he would switch seats with me. He said no, and I was kind of shocked. I sat down in my chair before I throttled him.

In a few seconds my little boy took his matchbox cars out of his travel bag and began making engine roaring and tire squealing sounds as he drove his cars over his lunch tray. He wasn't loud at all, but I wondered if his seatmate was enjoying his company. A few minutes later his cars were talking to each other in various voices. "Hello. How are you? Are you going on vacation?" "Yes I am" Etc.

It took about five minutes for the gentleman sitting next to my little guy to decide he wanted to change seats with me after all.

Archived