Bad math on Flash Sale???

Or, should I say good math for us. I took advantage of the Flash sale to buy two premium beverage packages. The sale is supposedly Buy One Get One for 50% off. That is the same as 25% off each. So, the regular price of a premium package is $69. 1/2 off one would be $34.50. $69+$34.50 is 103.50 total or $51.75 each. They are selling them, and I paid for and got it for $48.75 each, plus gratuity. Therefore, they are actually selling them at closer to 30% off. That is a great deal. We will have no problem drinking enough premium coffee, wine by the glass at dinner and cocktails to come out ahead on that.

Is there something wrong with my math. Is there a new math I'm too old for that explains this?

I think the price of the premium package is $65. So the $65 minus the sale price of $48.75 equals $16.25, and $16.25/$65 = 25%.

Or looking at it another way, regular price $65 x 2= $130 + 18% = $153.40 total for two people. Discounted price $48.75 x 2 = $97.50 + 18% = $115.05.

$153.40 - 115.05 = $38.35, and $38.35/$153.40 = 25%

I think the price of the premium package is $65. So the $65 minus the sale price of $48.75 equals $16.25, and $16.25/$65 = 25%.

Or looking at it another way, regular price $65 x 2= $130 + 18% = $153.40 total for two people. Discounted price $48.75 x 2 = $97.50 + 18% = $115.05.

$153.40 - 115.05 = $38.35, and $38.35/$153.40 = 25%

OK, now I see what the deal is. I saw $69 p/p. That is the NEW price as of May 15th. So, they are basing it on the current price of 65 not the new price as of the 15th. This is even a better reason to get this now.

Edited by StillLooking4Adventure

We have the classic package included as a perk. Does the sale include a discount on the upgrade cost to premium if we buy now?
I asked that question to a Captain's Club agent when they had the last sale and was told it doesn't apply to the upgrade. We have 3 packages I want to upgrade plus I need to buy a non-alcoholic one for my son so I'll wait to see if I can negotiate something once on board.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

An Elite Plus benefit allows a discounted price for dining/drink pkgs which cannot be applied until purchased onboard (Captains Club said to book onboard, but requested dining times may not be available). Catch 22? So any sale re excursions or dining/drink packages cannot be taken advantage of for EP's - cannot book regular price either and obtain the EP discount.

OK, now I see what the deal is. I saw $69 p/p. That is the NEW price as of May 15th. So, they are basing it on the current price of 65 not the new price as of the 15th. This is even a better reason to get this now.

Where are you reading that there will be a price increase to $69 pp per day on the 15th? Would you post a link to your source? Thanks.