Cove Balcony question

KAP622

Try to get the cabins under the lobby, especially under the purser's desk or under the shore excursion desk.

We have been under both and never heard anything from above.

But anything that is not under the kitchens would probably be fine.

Which cove balconies should I avoid on the Dream class ships regarding noise from above or below?

We had one under the dining room. No Noise, But we were out and about and had late dining,

But anything that is not under the kitchens would probably be fine.

OMG we were under the galley on the Elation and had to wear ear plugs because of so much noise all night long! We like the cove balconies in the front of the Dream class ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed in cabin 2284 on the Magic. It's below the shore excursion desk and did not have life boat above. If shade is important to you, I would avoid it. We actually loved the open space above.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others have said, avoid everything under the galley. Any cabin forward of the mid-ship elevators should be fine.

We stayed about 2 cabins forward of the elevators and were under the rear portion of the mid-ship MDR. Never heard a peep and thought it was very convenient.

Those the farthest forward are said to get some ocean spray during rough weather. I have read this but have no personal experience.

We loved the cove.

We were on the Dream (it was a nightmare). We had one under the dinning room. NEVER AGAIN!!!! Furniture being dragged around early in the morning. We now take a cabin that has other cabins above and below.

• 3 weeks later...