Gluten free beer available?

Purifyer

from a previous thread using search gluten free beer

According to Celebrity's website, the premium beverage package includes a beer they refer to "Estrella Damm (GF)", which is a bit confusing because Estrella Damm is a lager beerbrewed in Barcelona which contains gluten. However, the brewer also makes the similarly-titled Estrella Damm Daura, which is a gluten-removed, rather than a gluten-free beer, similar to Omission. I would think (or at least hope) that if Celebrity is identifying a beer on its website as GF, then they know which one to purchase. I'll be on the Millennium next month so I'll be able to confirm whether they have it stocked. My wife will be thrilled if they do because she loves it.

I can’t find any previous questions on this. My wife can’t drink regular beer because of the wheat. We’ve found a couple of brands at our local liquor stores but I don’t know about the ships.

Are you looking for a wheat free or gluten free beer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

A beer like Omission would be great since she drinks that here. It has, as you say, the gluten removed. Do you know if there is a beer list that Celebrity has? No wheat or no gluten beer is necessary for people with celiac disease to drink it. Thanks for letting me know.

By the way, although whiskeys(Burbons/Scotch/Irish) are made from barleys and other grains, the distilling removes/destroys the gluten and they are glutton free. Scotch is double distilled and the Irish (the greatest whiskeys!) are triple distilled.

Just a thought if a beer you can drink isn’t available!

Den

• Like 1

A beer like Omission would be great since she drinks that here. It has, as you say, the gluten removed. Do you know if there is a beer list that Celebrity has? No wheat or no gluten beer is necessary for people with celiac disease to drink it. Thanks for letting me know.

I missed the title in your thread and only read the wheat part of your post.

Where are you sailing from?

The UK produces a lot of gluten free beers now, if you are sailing from the UK it would be worth checking in the fridges of the passport bar.

I don’t think Celebrity have gone out of their way to provide any which is a shame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I can’t find any previous questions on this. My wife can’t drink regular beer because of the wheat. We’ve found a couple of brands at our local liquor stores but I don’t know about the ships.

It has been a year since I last sailed with Celebrity but the did have Duara Damm, gluten removed beer. This will work for some but not others. When I want a beer, I want beer, not cider.

I missed the title in your thread and only read the wheat part of your post.

Where are you sailing from?

The UK produces a lot of gluten free beers now, if you are sailing from the UK it would be worth checking in the fridges of the passport bar.

I don’t think Celebrity have gone out of their way to provide any which is a shame.

We’re going on Solstice out of Seattle to view Alaska. I enjoy many different beers especially from Europe. However, most liquor stores here don’t carry to many GF beers. I think there’s not enough demand. We enjoy Canadian whiskey and Vodka for mixers. I sometimes wonder if thes cruise lines get really good deals by certain breweries and liquor makers to carry their beer and liquor. I would love to come to the UKas I’m 1/3 Irish and 2/3rds British. Someday!

It has been a year since I last sailed with Celebrity but the did have Duara Damm, gluten removed beer. This will work for some but not others. When I want a beer, I want beer, not cider.

Yeah, we’re not cider drinkers either!

By the way, although whiskeys(Burbons/Scotch/Irish) are made from barleys and other grains, the distilling removes/destroys the gluten and they are glutton free. Scotch is double distilled and the Irish (the greatest whiskeys!) are triple distilled.

Just a thought if a beer you can drink isn’t available!

We drink mostly Canadian but I want to try some Jameson Black Barrel if they have it. :cool:

Just love a cold beer on a hot day. And we get plenty of those here in Texas!

• 4 years later...

Don’t know about Silhouette, but it was available on the Apex in July. My husband ordered it one night in The Club and the bartender went to Craft Social to get it. So it may not be available in all venues. Cost was $10. Although you get many good gluten free beers now, when my husband was diagnosed many years ago this wasn’t the case so he soon became a cider drinker. He’s so used to it now that’s his drink of choice. 

Thats good news then, as a coeliac I also have got used to cider but I noticed from the recent premium drinks list that some of them had disappeared so I was rather concerned, Celebrity have always been very good in the past for supplying a choice for coeliacs and is a major consideration when we are booking a cruise so fingers crossed

23 hours ago, Balconybird said:

Does anyone know if the Gluten Free Daura Damm lager is still available as the latest listing for the premium beverage package doesn't show it - particularly interested in Silhouette as boarding in 2 weeks

We haven’t been on Silhouette recently, but it was recently on Reflection and Millennium