Feedback on Embassy Suites near cruise port

Janie1229

When I visit Tripadvisor, their site shows rates somewhat less than what you are finding for hotels on the SE 17th St strip. right near the port. For your January 5, 2019 date, they show the Hyatt Place at about $US300 through Booking.com, the Extended Stay is only $US212 through a variety of sites, and the big Renaissance at around $US270 (I see the prices in Canadian dollars and I'm converting to US $$$s so there may be a little variation in prices). Our usual fallback area when 17th St prices are high is Plantation, just up the 595, but at the time you are looking at, right after Christmas, the prices aren't that much lower and would be offset by higher transport costs to Port Everglades.

You could also wait until September, when the Valuetrips.com rates for the Hyatt Place are due to come out according to posts here on CC. We just booked the Hyatt Place at $153 for our early November stay.

Best of luck in your search.

I booked VT for Dec for the first time. I called Hyatt and they have my reservation but I did not receive a confirmation from VT. How much is the tax on 153? I called VT and emailed.. no response yet. I will have 2 adults and 2 kids in my room. Trying to figure out the final cost

I booked VT for Dec for the first time. I called Hyatt and they have my reservation but I did not receive a confirmation from VT. How much is the tax on 153? I called VT and emailed.. no response yet. I will have 2 adults and 2 kids in my room. Trying to figure out the final cost

We booked the HP on July 2 for a November stay. We received our ValueTrips Email confirmation on July 20. Maybe give them a few days, our 18 day delay may or may not be normal.

As to the cost, local Floridians can chime in and correct me, but when I just did a mock booking (not Valuetrips) for the Hyatt Place for our date in November, the rate was $C280 and the tax and other charges came to $C33, making the rate 12%. That should mean the tax and charges on our $US153 would be a bit over $US18 for a total of $US173. Heck of a deal for that usually pricey hotel, now we just have to survive the three months until our cruise :D