"Flexible Fare"???

AV8rix

I just noticed that tab for the first time today when I was checking on some cruises for a friend on the "new" site. If you click on the button you just get some pop-ups with info about the itinerary of the individual cruise to which the tab is attached. I did search this forum -- but there's no way to search for exact phrase here, so not helpful. I suppose that I could just call my PCC but he's off 'til Monday and I was curious if anyone here knows what "Flexible Fare" means. No, not what you THINK it means, just if you know and can tell me where to check out your source. Thanks in advance.

Oh, just to clarify the first post: I was looking at Pacific Coastal short cruises for a neighbor. The "Flexible Fare" tab is like the "Ready Set Sail" tab on cruises on which that is offered. The difference is that if you click on the "Ready Set Sail" tab you actually get info on what is included in that offer. Not so for the "Flexible Fare" tab.

Doesn't it just mean that the deposit is refundable before final payment date? It's usually offered in conjunction with a corresponding but cheaper "restricted fare," which makes you pay the non-refundable deposit to book it.

I looked at a cruise that was listed in Top 10 cruise offers.

During the booking process there was the option to book under Top 10 Cruises (full payment on booking, no refunds OR Ready Set Sail, which had other terms including normal deposit/payment terms but was substantially more expensive.

Thanks! Although you both phrased it differently, I think you mean the same thing and you're both probably right. I'd heard of that deal before just not specifically called "Flexible Fare". Or maybe I just missed it. Thanks again.