Grand Ole House, Turtle Farm, Hell, and Seven Mile Beach Transportation

bflowercar

Hi -

We are in port from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and would love insights on the best way to arrange our day and transportation. We want to visit all of the places above - no particular order.

Does anyone have any advice on transportation?

My husband and I were married at the Grand Ole House 20 years ago this July - I'm taking our daughter on a girl's trip to show her where it all started. Can't wait to share one of our favorite islands! :)

Thanks in advance!

The bus is cheap and clean but a giant time sucker as you have to stop at every bus stop and let people on and off— you know, like a bus.

I would have preferred a driver for a day who did things only we wanted to do, but I never could find one.

If you want cheap— bus. If you want efficient and personalized— taxi.

A private driver would have been the most efficient, but apparently non existent on grand cayman. I would gladly have paid for one.

You can easily take West Bay buses (really minivans) to the Turtle Farm, Hell, and Seven Mile Beach, which are north of the port area. You'd have to get on and off for each part of the journey, but buses run frequently (often more than the schedule suggests).

One hard part of your plan is that the Grand Old House is to the south of the port, and there are no buses that go there. The schedule may indicate that there are, but we've never found that to be the case, and I believe that others on this board have corroborated that. You can get a taxi from your last northern stop to the restaurant, and then back to the port.

The other thing to consider is that you have a fairly short time in port, so fitting in all of those things will be difficult. I think that you can do it, but you'll have to figure out how long you want to spend in each place to see what makes sense.

I agree with jaga4 - I would do the order differently, though.

Do the taxi to GoH first, then when you are done get the taxi back to the cruise terminal. Then use the buses and do the turtle farm and Hell, then Seven Mile Beach last. This allows you to adjust the amount of time you spend on the beach based on when you need to be back at the terminal to catch your tender back to the ship. I wouldn't want to be rushing around doing GoH if time was tight and as that is an important memory for you, I would do it first.

Awesome feedback guys!! I think we’ll do GOH first by taxi and then taxi to Turtle Farm and bus the rest - I would rent a car if comfortable driving on the other side of the road!

Thanks so much!!