Azura or Ventura suite L107

Ess001

Help, I've booked L107, it will be our first (and probably only) stay in a suite. There was only this and E733 left, but I have since read some bad reviews, particularly in relation to the balcony - can anyone reassure me who has stayed in this suite?

Thanks

Ess

Not sure about L107 but stayed in E733 on the Azura over Easter this year and we loved it. The cabin was lovely and the balcony huge and very sheltered. Plus the veiws over the wake going in and out of port were the best on the ship. Also it is straight up on the lift to the Epicuran for breakfast. We loved it.

Help, I've booked L107, it will be our first (and probably only) stay in a suite. There was only this and E733 left, but I have since read some bad reviews, particularly in relation to the balcony - can anyone reassure me who has stayed in this suite?

Thanks

Ess

Hello,

I haven't stayed in this suite, however, I have been invited to view it.

I don't know if you are aware but it's got a very different layout to the rest of the suites & from memory doesn't have a separate shower or Jacuzzi bath (but I could be wrong).

I do have a couple of photos but struggle to attach them on this website!

However, if you Google L106 Ventura (I know you're staying in L107) you should be able to view some.

https://public.fotki.com/Magwa/cruising/ventura--sept-2008/venturas-interiors/cabinl106fotki/

Hope this helps.

Joan

Two issues with the balcony.

It is metal fronted so when you are sat down all you can see is the metal wall.

The balcony is horribly overlooked from the (higher) viewing area on top of the bridge, although on my last trip on Ventura that area was permanently closed so may no longer be an issue.

thank you so much for your replies, I've changed to E733.

Ess x

I think this is probably the best option.

Having any cabin at the aft of the ship is great as you don't get people walking past all the time & the views are lovely.

I don't know if you're aware but if you want to eat in your suite, order your food from the room service menu via your Butler & that way even the items that attract a charge are free!! Or should I say they used to be, however, I haven't stayed in a suite yet, since they changed the menu!!

Enjoy!

thank you so much for your replies, I've changed to E733.

Ess x

You've definitely made the right choice! The suites at the front are awful if you like sitting out on the balcony. As said previously when you sit out you can't see anything due to the metal front and when the ships in motion the furniture blows all over the place and if moderate or rough, clatters about all night. We nicknamed it windy corner because it takes your breath away.

• 1 year later...

Hello, we have been allocated L107 (as we booked on an early saver ) I’ve been looking at the few pictures I can find and I’m feeling quite disappointed ,the interior of the cabin doesn’t look like the more luxurious fixtures and fittings that we were expecting, it looks more like a standard cabin but bigger! As someone who’s stayed in this cabin please could you give me your opinion on this ? 

22 hours ago, alisonmorgan said:

Hello, we have been allocated L107 (as we booked on an early saver ) I’ve been looking at the few pictures I can find and I’m feeling quite disappointed ,the interior of the cabin doesn’t look like the more luxurious fixtures and fittings that we were expecting, it looks more like a standard cabin but bigger! As someone who’s stayed in this cabin please could you give me your opinion on this ? 

we have stayed in this suite. sort of seperate bedroom. Wardrobes I think ,rather than open area. seperate sitting area. I think most suites are basically bog standard cabinx2 or 3 increase in size. Our problem was the balcony . You look out over the top of the bridge, so you cannot look down at the front. At the side you can look down over the metal fronted balcony.Main thin is if you are moving it is very very windy,so the balcony cannot really be used unless you are in port.Just remembered at the front the top of the bridge is about level with the top of the balcony, so you are sat in a sort of well . If i can find any pictures i will post.