Just got off the Epic... What the Heck?!

Thanks Kristy,

Most of our itinerary we planned half day to make sure we don't miss the ship lol.

On that ticket thou one can only get into the Colosseum from 2 pm. So it will be a rushed excursion as we have to be back on the ship @ 5pm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You probably don’t need to be back at the ship for 5pm.

Are you embarking at Rome or Barcelona? As you said that you need to be “back at the ship”, I’m assuming that you are embarking on Barcelona, so your all aboard in Rome will be 6.30pm.

The 2 hours only applies in embarkation day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re cruising on The Epic in October, our first time with NCL.

We’re used to dresssing up on cruises but happy to ring the changes and go casual.

I do however have a question. Reading through the bumph it says that there will be a “Dress up or not night”.

How dressed up do people get on these nights? I take it that’s it not really dressy like black tie?

Also on the other nights will I look too dressy in cocktail dresses?

I’m happy to be casual some nights but I’d really like to wear my dresses at some point.

Generally people don’t get overly dressed up on that night. In fact, these days it is actually called “Norwegian Night Out”. In my experience Dress up or Not night has only happened on long cruises in the past few years. Personally, I wouldn’t even notice which night it is if it wasn’t for the notices about it.

However, I think that is all immaterial anyway. It is freestyle. That doesn’t mean that you have to dress down except for the days that the cruise line says it’s ok to dress up. It means that you are able to make the decision for yourself. Dress up every day if that is what you want. You won’t be the only ones.

Do what you want on the days that work best for you and your plans, rather than on the day that some stranger in Miami decides for you.

Take your dresses and wear them. It’s totally your choice.

We enjoyed the Epic with the only exception of there not being enough space to sit and look out (like the Crow's Nest on HAL ships) at the front of the ship. I always take everything I read on Cruise Critic with a grain of salt. Too many people seem to think 'Cruise Critic' means that in a literal sense and enjoy ranting about every little thing that could and did, go wrong and why the cruise line let them down and how they should be compensated for it, IMHO.

You probably don’t need to be back at the ship for 5pm.

Are you embarking at Rome or Barcelona? As you said that you need to be “back at the ship”, I’m assuming that you are embarking on Barcelona, so your all aboard in Rome will be 6.30pm.

The 2 hours only applies in embarkation day.

Thank you, I did not know that. I thought the 2 hours was meant for every port. Docking in Rome at 6am and embarking again at 7pm.

How long before embarkation do they close the ship?

On a port stop it is 30 minutes before sailing, so 6.30 in your case.

Always check on the day though, just in case. It will be in the freestyle daily and there will be a sign up at the gangplank.

Awesome, thank you! Another hour or so will make a huge difference[emoji6]

Yes it’s 30mins very latest for all aboard so plan to be back for 6... in that case your 2pm in Rome is fine!! [emoji846]

Thank you Kristy! So many things we want to see in Rome with limited time do the extra hour will make a big difference [emoji6]