Just got off the Epic... What the Heck?!

how many buffets and dining rooms or restaurants are actually free? so what cruise to you take? I hope I'm not asking too many questions if so I'm sorry

Its all here on the NCL website https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/whats-on-board/Dining

Free dining:

O'Sheehan's 24 hour pub food

Taste MDR

Manhattan Room MDR

Garden Cafe buffet

Great Outdoors buffet

Shanghai's Restaurant asian cuisine

Shanghai's Noodle Bar

Spice H2O grill

isn,t the idea of a cruise getting off the cruise ship taking excursions at all ports? but maybe I'm wrong but that is what I always thought but its a lot cheaper staying on the cruiseship and its nice to hear something positive about Norwegian Epic all I hear is negative about cabins etc!!!!!!!

Been to all of the Caribbean ports so many times that we just stay on the ship nowadays. We actually cruise for the ships, the food, the being pampered. I have 6 cruises booked right now in the Caribbean and plan on enjoying the ship, not the ports.

Its all here on the NCL website https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/whats-on-board/Dining

Free dining:

O'Sheehan's 24 hour pub food

Taste MDR

Manhattan Room MDR

Garden Cafe buffet

Great Outdoors buffet

Shanghai's Restaurant asian cuisine

Shanghai's Noodle Bar

Spice H2O grill

I'll keep this list for my cruise next April 27 Transatlantic cruise I can,t wait I'm exited but staying in a inside cabin I read a lot of negative stuff about inside cabin I guess I'm not too late to upgrade

Been to all of the Caribbean ports so many times that we just stay on the ship nowadays. We actually cruise for the ships, the food, the being pampered. I have 6 cruises booked right now in the Caribbean and plan on enjoying the ship, not the ports.

is there a lot of people that cruise for the ship?

is there a lot of people that cruise for the ship?

There are!

My mother loved to cruise. She would occasionally take in a port if she thought it was interesting… For example she loved walking around Stanley in the Falkland islands. But other ports on our South American Cruise in particular she would get off the ship twirl around three times and get back on the ship and said "I visited"! She was not one for Caribbean ports. She did get off in Rome, where we did the Exclusive Rome tour.

Myself, I might pick a cruise that offers a port I've never been to. But so many of the ports are repeated I just as soon stay on the ship and go to the spa or enjoy a quiet ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are!

My mother loved to cruise. She would occasionally take in a port if she thought it was interesting… For example she loved walking around Stanley in the Falkland islands. But other ports on our South American Cruise in particular she would get off the ship twirl around three times and get back on the ship and said "I visited"! She was not one for Caribbean ports. She did get off in Rome, where we did the Exclusive Rome tour.

Myself, I might pick a cruise that offers a port I've never been to. But so many of the ports are repeated I just as soon stay on the ship and go to the spa or enjoy a quiet ship.

you are giving me something to think about have you ever been on Transatlantic cruise?

I realllllllly want to do a transatlantic cruise. I love ship life. My boyfriend might drive me mad though, he gets bored very easily.

Not sure I'd choose Epic for a transatlantic however, not enough places inside to watch the sea go by outside. If it had an observation lounge like Spinnaker on Jade I'd be happier.

Yes! Miami to Athens. First 6 days at sea. We loved it!

tell me on the Epic how much would a bottle of water cost in a bar or something? and how much a day would it cost unlimited? this is what I'm concerned about on my cruise

tell me on the Epic how much would a bottle of water cost in a bar or something? and how much a day would it cost unlimited? this is what I'm concerned about on my cruise

A 1liter bottle is about $4 purchased in the gift shop. You can pre-order and have it delivered to your cabin for $3.00 a liter (a six pack is $18). A glass of water at the bar is free, its from the ship’s water tank. There are also water dispensers in the buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

A 1liter bottle is about $4 purchased in the gift shop. You can pre-order and have it delivered to your cabin for $3.00 a liter (a six pack is $18). A glass of water at the bar is free, its from the ship’s water tank. There are also water dispensers in the buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

And this my friends is why I drink tap water on cruise ships.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

how is the seating and crowds in the Garden Café and Outdoors and even the resturants? especially only 1 buffet I'm just curious, it looks like Garden Café and Outdoors are together or beside each other

When I’ve been on epic I’ve always managed to find somewhere even at busy times. You can take food from inside buffet outside. The great outdoors do a smaller selection of the inside buffet. It’s quite a large area and the food is all in the middle of the space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this! We just got off the NCL Jade and were considering the Epic for a cruise, but had heard the same thing regarding crowding. Did you happen to have teenagers with you? I am wondering what their opinions were about the number of people. I assume they would like the additional activities on the Epic that are not available on the Jade.

Thanks.

I have sailed Epic twice, and we loved it. Our then 14 years old grandson was with us last year. He had the best of times. The youth club was great and he spendt a lot of time there and made several new friends.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for all your insight - sounds great. We are cruising end of September and wondering what is the most inexpensive way to get into Rome?? We want to do a tour of the colliseum.

We have booked a tour for Sorrento, Positano and Amalfi. And will now keep Palma on the list and Florence/Naples.

We are doing a cruise on the Epic Sept 30. I fount a Rome day pass that includes return train tickets to and from Civitavecchia, tickets to the colosseum & hop on/hop of bus for the day with 20% discounts to other attractions on RomeToolkit. €50.50 pp. I did some extensive searching and this was the cheapest I could find da451b4d30d837eb20f5d9e743604934.jpg

We are doing a cruise on the Epic Sept 30. I fount a Rome day pass that includes return train tickets to and from Civitavecchia, tickets to the colosseum & hop on/hop of bus for the day with 20% discounts to other attractions on RomeToolkit. €50.50 pp. I did some extensive searching and this was the cheapest I could find da451b4d30d837eb20f5d9e743604934.jpg

Just make sure you get back In time to the ship if doing this tour. For security as Rome is a fair ride away from port, and the roads can get very congested, I used the ship transfer to Rome - the ship waits if you are late back (and we were by 30minutes!) , and we organised our own tours of the sights. Rome is full of queues and it’s unlikely you will be able to do all the sights on a port day.

Just make sure you get back In time to the ship if doing this tour. For security as Rome is a fair ride away from port, and the roads can get very congested, I used the ship transfer to Rome - the ship waits if you are late back (and we were by 30minutes!) , and we organised our own tours of the sights. Rome is full of queues and it’s unlikely you will be able to do all the sights on a port day.

Thanks Kristy,

Most of our itinerary we planned half day to make sure we don't miss the ship lol.

On that ticket thou one can only get into the Colosseum from 2 pm. So it will be a rushed excursion as we have to be back on the ship @ 5pm

Thanks Kristy,

Most of our itinerary we planned half day to make sure we don't miss the ship lol.

On that ticket thou one can only get into the Colosseum from 2 pm. So it will be a rushed excursion as we have to be back on the ship @ 5pm

That doesn’t sound like enough time to me... it took us around 2 hours to get back to ship from Rome... especially mid afternoon...

We’re cruising on The Epic in October, our first time with NCL.

We’re used to dresssing up on cruises but happy to ring the changes and go casual.

I do however have a question. Reading through the bumph it says that there will be a “Dress up or not night”.

How dressed up do people get on these nights? I take it that’s it not really dressy like black tie?

Also on the other nights will I look too dressy in cocktail dresses?

I’m happy to be casual some nights but I’d really like to wear my dresses at some point.