Tipping

No longer true. This changed last fall.

If you book precruise, at least for a package, not sure about individually, the cover still included a service charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I book on board and pay the 18% gratuity then I don't leave a additional tip. Seems if you book ahead you can avoid the 18% added gratuity and in this case we always tip $20 in cash for the two of us.

Ive actually never considered that while o the ship and maybe Im wrong but doesnt your daily gratuity only cover the main dining room servers? Head waiter, waiter and asst waiter???

Yes. But over the years Royal pricing has changed. When they originally added Restaurant choices starting with the launch of Voyager 20yrs ago, Chops was $10 per person that included the Tip for wait staff working there. Now they add an additional 18%. Over the years Royal has added extra charges, but it's about choice. Cruising now is cheaper then 30 yrs ago, this not even taking inflation into it...

We were on one of the first Allure cruises when they added the 18% gratuity onto our Chops bill last December after we had already prepaid for our specialty dining. In the past, we had always added a cash tip to our bill, but we chose not to when they added the 18%. I don't feel the meal warrants an extra tip over the 18%.