Directions from CT to Cape Liberty

shirleygr

I take the GSP to the Route 17 exit (159?) then stay on that to Route 3 and pick up the NJTP near Metlife Stadium.

I checked Waze this morning and it wanted to sent me down the Saw Mill to the GWB but the alternate route was over the TZB. However, rather than going over to the GSP, it had me taking the Palisades Parkway south to 9W and US 1-9 into Bayonne. It was 14 minutes slower than going via the GWB but apparently was toll-free and stayed off the turnpike and parkway (so I guess you might like it). I guess that routing makes some sense since with my Route 17 approach, I'm going much too far west only to come back east as I go south. I've done the US 1-9 route when heading to Paramus and Wayne after a cruise and missing the turn onto whatever road I should have gotten on (the cut-off the GPS was sending me to was confusing).

Now it makes sense. I may try your Route 17 way. Is 17 a normal highway? I realize that in NJ "normal" is asking a lot. lol.

Now it makes sense. I may try your Route 17 way. Is 17 a normal highway? I realize that in NJ "normal" is asking a lot. lol.
No. It's a busy road with lots of retail but limited turns and not a lot of traffic lights (none in the northern section). It's nothing like the Parkway or Turnpike. Best to travel on Sunday since Bergen County still has blue laws so stores in Paramus are closed. Saturday afternoons can be bad.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app