Carnival status

iriemon

MSC is offering me a full loyalty status match for my first sailing with that line. It certainly was a factor in deciding to sample their new ship the Seaside.

Carnival's Diamond becomes their highest Black Card, and Carnival Platinum becomes their 2nd highest gold. Another inducement to try their line is free unlimited drinks.

I guess MSC figures it needs to try very hard to "steal" cruisers from their regular line as they attempt to break into the Caribbean market, while Carnival doesn't seem to have this concern.

It's interesting that you have to cruise once every 3 years with them or lose your status.

I have long been an advocate of some recognition for Carnival cruisers who wish to try other Carnival Corporation brands. It would be in corporate's best interest to encourage us to try their more expensive brands. It doesn't have to be a full-on level match, but if I wish to try Princess, or Holland America, or Cunard I really don't want to be considered a first-time cruiser.

Obviously Carnival Corporation believes it is NOT in their best interest otherwise they would have already done it.