Carnival status

iriemon

That stinks, I know Royal does. It all goes in the same big pot

I agree. Carnival Corporation could benefit profit-wise from recognizing loyalty across all their brands. I think customers would be less likely to jump to competing brands if Carnival recognized and rewarded loyalty across their cruise brands.

We are Platinum on Carnival. We did a longer Holland American cruise a couple of years ago. The only recognition we got was that we were considered 1 star mariners at the beginning of that cruise. Which meant a "mariners" luncheon & a HAL tile.

I do wish they would figure out a way to merge their loyalty programs. We'd like to try Princess, but stick with CCL for our current VIFP status & mini perks.

Respectfully, I choose to disagree.

I understand not matching tier for tier. However, I see no reason why they can't give you something. I think this perk should start at Platinum. If you worked your way up to Platinum on Carnival, you should be able to get the 2nd or 3rd tier at their other brands. Those who have earned Platinum aren't going to water down benefits for others at Princess and HAL. Plus, those who have earned a higher status often start thinking of trying other brands. Why not keep them in house?

MSC is offering me a full loyalty status match for my first sailing with that line. It certainly was a factor in deciding to sample their new ship the Seaside.

Carnival's Diamond becomes their highest Black Card, and Carnival Platinum becomes their 2nd highest gold. Another inducement to try their line is free unlimited drinks.

I guess MSC figures it needs to try very hard to "steal" cruisers from their regular line as they attempt to break into the Caribbean market, while Carnival doesn't seem to have this concern.

MSC is offering me a full loyalty status match for my first sailing with that line. It certainly was a factor in deciding to sample their new ship the Seaside.

Carnival's Diamond becomes their highest Black Card, and Carnival Platinum becomes their 2nd highest gold. Another inducement to try their line is free unlimited drinks.

I guess MSC figures it needs to try very hard to "steal" cruisers from their regular line as they attempt to break into the Caribbean market, while Carnival doesn't seem to have this concern.

Interesting , now I'll have to go search to see what ships leaves from the east coast into the Caribbean.

I understand not matching tier for tier. However, I see no reason why they can't give you something. I think this perk should start at Platinum. If you worked your way up to Platinum on Carnival, you should be able to get the 2nd or 3rd tier at their other brands. Those who have earned Platinum aren't going to water down benefits for others at Princess and HAL. Plus, those who have earned a higher status often start thinking of trying other brands. Why not keep them in house?

They already toss a bone to you.

Princess will let you book at their VIP rate (which is the same as past guest) after faxing proof of past guest status and Holland America will give you One Star Mariner status complimentary.

Hi

First off...my 2 cents worth...I can't see why on earth would anyone limit/restrict their cruise choices based on status perks.

One thing that Carnival does share with its' sister companies is their shareholder benefit. Cold hard cash (after tax) on every cruise with any of what looks like 10 separate brands. After a lot of years it adds up. That's pretty decent to me.

They already toss a bone to you.

Princess will let you book at their VIP rate (which is the same as past guest) after faxing proof of past guest status and Holland America will give you One Star Mariner status complimentary.

Princess will give you the past guest rate which does not seem to save anything at all.

We are Platinum with Carnival but are trying Princess for the Panama Canal.

Our status did not play a role in this decision at all.

We have the shareholder credit and Princess also offers a military OBC for anyone who has served at any time for at least 2 years. Those 2 + a promotion they were running when we booked has given us $800 of OBC which I think is just great!!

Each of the Carnival Corporation cruise lines have different personalities and different offers. I think that's OK.

I have long been an advocate of some recognition for Carnival cruisers who wish to try other Carnival Corporation brands. It would be in corporate's best interest to encourage us to try their more expensive brands. It doesn't have to be a full-on level match, but if I wish to try Princess, or Holland America, or Cunard I really don't want to be considered a first-time cruiser.

I really don't want to be considered a first-time cruiser.

Does it really matter what others think of you based on the color of your card?

If others care then who cares what they think and if you care what others think about the color of your card then you might need help.

How long does it take to get shareholders credit onto the acct? I sent an email a week ago and haven't heard a thing.

Give em a ring ,Carnival would love to hear from you :D

I have long been an advocate of some recognition for Carnival cruisers who wish to try other Carnival Corporation brands. It would be in corporate's best interest to encourage us to try their more expensive brands. It doesn't have to be a full-on level match, but if I wish to try Princess, or Holland America, or Cunard I really don't want to be considered a first-time cruiser.

I am sorry your worry of others perception of your status keeps you from enjoying other lines.

Princess will give you the past guest rate which does not seem to save anything at all.

Um, we usually save at least $100 per person when using Princess' past guest rate. I have tried pricing with and without our Princess numbers and it is always more without it.

Much better than the opportunity to pay more than the Early Saver rate with Carnival's Past Guest rates.

I like the way RCCL knocks $225 off the cost of a balcony or above now that we are Diamond.

Howdy all,

IMHO the best Intra-Carnival Status Benefit is the Shareholder Benefit of a nice OBC> Not as large, BTW, as RCL :NYSE.

Owning shares of CCL :NYSE/LSE and/or CUK :NYSE/LSE of at least 100 shares of the underlying common as well now provides a great Dividend rate too. If you ReInvest you provide your self Compounding as well.

What is the Rate of Interest you obatain in a CD, interest bearing account, and/or money market now in 2018 a.d.?

As a Shareholder you may state your opinion to firm and make it known .