Where to stay in Seattle

gramshup

We are looking also for an inexpensive hotel in Seattle for our May 2006 cruise. I posted a thread and have not recieved a response. We are looking for something under $100 per night within walking distance to the Space Needle. Best price I've found so far was on hotwire.com, ($79.79) but they don't say what hotel or exact address until booking, and no cancelations or refunds. I really wanted to know if the location is close us for what we are looking for before booking. If anyone has additional suggestions, it would be appreciated.

I second the vote for the Silver Cloud Inn on Lake Union. Also check out the Warwick Hotel in Seattle. They offer pre and post cruise packages. It's not super cheap but it's nice; rates starting from $279 get you a room for two, a full breakfast, and two visitor's passes for activities in Seattle, all inclusive. I would be hesitant to book any downtown hotel for under $100, but that's just me, and I'm a high-maintenance kind of person. There are some pretty seedy places in downtown Seattle. Anything decent will run you over $100, in my estimation. Just my 2 cents:)

I've always had great luck finding nice hotels using Priceline.com... I have bid $75 to 85 for a Downtown Seattle location, and have yet to be disappointed.

However, each time I use Priceline, I'm a nervous wreck...something about being "locked in" to a hotel rate and location.

On my upcoming cruise, we're booked at $75 per night for 2 nights at the Marriott Renaissance Seattle. Their website is quoting around $250 per night...so hopefully I got a good deal!

One last post, and then I'll shut up. KVR, check out Comfort Suites Seattle. I'm an idiot, and don't know how to paste the link here, but it's comfortsuites-seattle.com. It's a good, budget hotel within walking distance of the Seattle Center and the Space Needle. Good luck to you.

I did check out the Comfort Suites. It's $89.00 + taxes. I'm sorry if I sound cheap, but $100 for a low budget hotel I can get here in my home town for less than 1/2 of what Seattle is charging for 1 night is just killing me. :rolleyes:

We are going to wait and look some more. The Seattle Super Saver website does not have prices for May yet. We'll probably just have to suck it up and pay the $100+.

We stayed at the Moore Hotel last August before our Alaska cruise. Their website is www.moorehotel.com . There is nothing fancy about this hotel. It was built in 1927. It does not have air conditioning but we didn't need it and they do have fans if you need them. It was around 80 dollars a night for 2 people and that is with tax. The hotel is very clean and I would not hesitate to stay there again. It does have it's flaws like no snack machines and the elevator is very small. It is about 2 blocks to Pikes market but I'm not sure how far to space needle.

I've booked the Days Inn Downtown Seattle for June 9 for $90.00. It includes a full "hot" breakfast and the pictures don't look bad. The reviews on another website were generally favorable.

Having said that, I keep looking to find something a little nicer for the same price (or less) . I too am waiting for the prices on Seattle Super Saver to come out. If anyone finds a better deal please post it. The only thing I must have is some type of breakfast included at the hotel, as we are a family of four and will be taking the Amtrak to Van. early on the 10th.

Check out the Homewood Suites by Hilton-Downtown Seattle. It is walkable to the Space Needle and Pike Street/Waterfront area. The hotel had inexpensive parking and the rates include Breakfast and Dinner, along with a PM Happy Hour during the week.

Some rooms have views of Elliott Bay.

Gramshup,

I posted a couple of days ago that I was going to be staying at the Days Inn Downtown, but when I went back to check, it is the Quality Inn. We did get it at 90.00 with a goverment discount in June. How did you arrange the transportation to and from the airport? Is it because you have such a big group? I'd love to get trans from the airport as I will need it twice. Precruise and then post cruise I will also be flying from Anchorage, spending two more nights in Seattle, then flying home.

emarismom,

If you are booked at the Quality Inn, I would call them and ask for shuttle help. We are working with the group director but I bet you could still get a good deal on shuttle service. They have taken all the work out of it for us.

Archived